Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 03:09 AM

Default gayest hand ever

What should I do differently? I'm told to raise the flop with flush draws to go for a free card on the turn, but 3 way pot here raised preflop looks like I'll just get 3 bet and they'll bet the turn.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 01-19-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: gayest hand ever

with just the broadway or just the heart draw calling should be considered, especially if this opponent is prone to 3-betting the flop here.

but you have 12-18 outs, position, and metagame considerations. I would probably raise here everytime. if he 3-bets i'd probably cap for a free card [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 04:39 AM

You know, I'm really not the sort to go around farting on threads, but your thread title is fu[/i]cking lame. Makes 2+2 and this forum look pretty bad, if you ask me.

-Brian
Old 01-19-2005, 04:43 AM

I expected this thread to be a [censored]-erotic fantasy about a Kd and Jd....
Old 01-19-2005, 06:12 AM

I agree with you knoler. I think this kind of attitude, albeit an unthinking and peurile one, basically says very little for those who are happy to slam minorities as part of their "standard" English. I do not think it is overly PC to say so, either, though clearly many don't give a monkey's toss who they offend. There was quite some debate on this already, here. Also a link to another similar thread....and so on, and so on. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, SB raises, Hero calls, SB 3-bets, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you teach me that trick SB made, it would be really nice for when I have a strong hand and people dont want to cooperate with me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 12:48 PM

I think you are overestimating the likely hood you get 3 bet. YOU were the one that raised PF. I go ahead and raise here, if 3 bet I would cap. You've got at least 12 outs, all to the nuts.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:45 PM

I do not think it is overly PC to say so...

Yes it is.

...many don't give a monkey's toss who they offend

Correct.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, SB raises, Hero calls, SB 3-bets, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you teach me that trick SB made, it would be really nice for when I have a strong hand and people dont want to cooperate with me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

good pick up, i wanna learn that one too. wonder if it could be applied to bluffing too?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:16 PM

yeah i'd raise that flop for the potential free turn card like it was my job. if it does't work, i would not care much either because i have so many outs to the nuts.