Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Default When you flop your top trip ......

After reading kyleb's post, I remember I had trouble playing flopped top trip at plo8.

Once I limped in UTG with A38K with Ace suited, only one more limper so there were 4 bets preflop.

The flop was AA7 rainbow. I bet the pot, only the limper called. The limper was a tight player, he wouldn't be calling without an Ace, so he should had trip or better too. There were 12 bets then.

The turn was a duece, I again bet the pot (12 bets), limper minimum-reraised (24 bets). Should I fold there?

I knew I was beat, but there were 48 bets and I needed to call another 12. I hoped I could catch an 8, Q, or some low cards other than 3 (Now when I think of it, My 3 low may not hold up even if I rivered a low card, say 4).

The river was a J, I checked, limper made a very small bet (for something like 12 bets). Should I....?

1. fold?
2. call?
3. make an aggressive pot-sized reraise?

What's your choice?

Results in white (highlight below to see the results)
<font color="white">Ok I sucked and I called. The limper turned over A2 so he had Aces full of duece. I think if I had repotted him, I could probably had taken that pot because of the way he played it so weakly. Anyway that's one of my bad plays.</font>
Old 07-22-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: When you flop your top trip ......

If I knew the limper was a tight player, I might have check-raised the flop. But betting out is not bad, either.

The rest of it, I think you just have to call down and hope you hit. You aren't normally going to get someone to lay down a fullhouse on the river, at least not the people I play against. Folding the river for such a small bet is encouraging people to run over you.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: When you flop your top trip ......

if you knew he was tight and he had at least an ace, y not check to take a free card to spike k for nuts or another card to fill up