Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Party 15/30 LAG ATo

The open limper and the raiser were both complete clowns and the raiser only had 90 left at the start of the hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 01-15-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Party 15/30 LAG ATo

If you're going to bother at all, why not raise so that you get the big blind out of there, POSSIBLY make the open-limper fold, and get it heads up with "Clown" #2?

With that said, going with the action you have here, I can't see calling the two cold on the flop for your gut shot / overcard seeing as how there is a two-flush on the board so you might only have 3 clean outs.

If you had raised pre-flop and gotten rid of the open-limper, especially in hindsight with the button not liking this hand, you certainly would've won this pot vs. I'm guessing losing to the limper?

Or was this a SUPER-clown?

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 01-15-2005, 06:29 PM

I didn't call 2 cold on the flop, I checkraised the button.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:13 PM

i agree with the pf 3bet. rest looks ok i guess.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:31 PM

I don't understand the flop play at all.

Usually when i feel i'm not leading and don't have a ton of outs and don't have a chance at cleaning up any outs or any folding equity against the whole field, i call if the pot odds are nice enough, in this case yes.

Really really don't like the turn bet.

Usually when i have no folding equity and a small-medium chance to be ahead, i check.

The river i play the same and hope he open limped sutied crap or T9o.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't call 2 cold on the flop, I checkraised the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, I did read that wrong, but I don't like the checkraise either. It's definitely better than calling the two cold, but I still don't like it as you only have the aforementioned 3 clean outs.

Did somehow this manager to come together to form a win? Being that this is Party, I guess it could, but at any live game this is HUGE -EV.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com