Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Could I have found a raise here?

Still working on this 1/2 thing. Opponents tend to think more then .50/1, but still weak passive at most. I felt like I played this hand a little weak, but never felt totally comfortable raising. ( I think I could have raised PF but is is close.)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 07-04-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Could I have found a raise here?

[ QUOTE ]
Still working on this 1/2 thing. Opponents tend to think more then .50/1, but still weak passive at most. I felt like I played this hand a little weak, but never felt totally comfortable raising. ( I think I could have raised PF but is is close.)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fine. You might squeeze off a 3-bet on the turn to suck MP2 into calling more, but a cap would be really bad news and there's still a 20% chance of another heart falling on the river. I would also check-call the river. A bet-call might be another option, but I'd really hate to see a raise here with the 3-straight-flush and paired board). I think a check will often induce a weaker hand like trip tens to value bet the river, netting you the same amount as if you had bet and only been called.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Looks like the converter messed up the player counts. No matter.

I'm guessing UTG picked up trip-tens on the turn (say that 5 times fast). I 3-bet the turn for value, and don't give him credit for a boat (or the flush) unless he caps. If he caps I check/call the river, otherwise I lead out.

Oh, and raise this preflop!
Old 07-04-2005, 11:36 PM

I like this hand. I turn 3-bet gets you capped by flushes and full houses of which you have no outs against. However calling down is certainly correct because the raise could be a naked T that you have beat. It could also be a pair with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so clearly calling down is an optimal play.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:42 PM

raise preflop and 3 bet the turn! Don't be afraid of the flush . . . .YET! I would have check raised the flop. I think betting the flop told everyone you DIDN't have the flush so why should they fold.

BTW - the biggest jump in skill is between .5/1 and 1/2 - after that it's very small steps . . .at least up to 5/10. You just have fish with a lot of money!

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG
Old 07-04-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have check raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell us, just who do you think would be so kind as to bet the flop so that we could check/raise?

If you can't answer the above question, then check/raising with a strong hand is almost certainly wrong.

Edit: A preflop raise is mandatory, and I think you should 3bet the turn. UTG might just have trip Ts, or possibly the sucker end of the straight (tricky, tricky!). If you do 3bet there, though, be sure to have the cat handy to kick in case you are capped. If he caps, check/call the river, and if he calls, I think bet/call the river. It might be best even to bet/call the river as you played it, since lone hearts won't be able to check behind.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:26 AM

I definitely raise the pf. I would probably put in another raise on the turn.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:48 AM

Definitely raise preflop. KQs has a lot of equity and plays well multiway, so you should get the extra money in the pot early.

I don't know about the turn, but bet the river. I would hate to see it get checked through.