Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Need help on my read AND play

I played about 50 hands in this session. My preflop play % was about 40% but I had been getting playable cards. I usually run about 25%. I use poker office and had an agression rating of 2. Villan's was 1. He is tight preflop and passive post flop according to poker office's default settings. I am posting this 1) Looking for a better way to play this hand. 2) Wondering why this hand did not end the way that I thought it might.
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 08-03-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Need help on my read AND play

Preflop Im not sure about the cold call on J10s although i think this hand has potential.

post flop looks good,
I wouldnt overplay this hand after that turn, you might be looking at a Q or K hearts and your river check call is smart. He will show a naked ace very seldomly here.
hopefully u took this one down.

cdl
Old 08-03-2005, 12:57 PM

I like the way you played this but I think I would bet the river. Any ace or worse flush is calling but most players would check behind here.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:02 PM

It's not a cold call, he's on the BB with JTs facing a single raise and a few callers, easy call.

I like the line you took, the flop action indicates he either has top pair, two pair with an A, a set, or a strong one card flush draw, and the only one of those you're beating by the river is a singleton ace, which is the least likely of the possible hands, as monotone flops are scary for top pair hands.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:04 PM

my bad, didnt quite follow that
correct preflop call, good play after...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt overplay this hand after that turn, you might be looking at a Q or K hearts and your river check call is smart.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes the turn was not quite what I wanted to see, I was going to show this down and knew that the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would provoke agression and that a bet might get raised which I did not want. Maybe I whimped out on this one.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 PM

Concerning my origional post in this thread: MP1 won this hand with A8. On the flop he has top two pair and shows strength. I keep looking at this hand and if I had been MP1 I think that I would have folded when the turn hit figuring I was behind with little chance of catching up.
Do you guys agree or am I just turning this over in my head to much? Thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:18 PM

I think leading the river here would have been better.

Does anyone fold to a raise if Hero bets? I think I would, just curious as to others opinions.

*Edit: Nevermind, I guess I wouldn't fold to a raise, since you're going to be shown Ax quite often I would imagine, especially with his action on the flop.