Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Hilariously fish play at home game...

A week ago at a home game I play at, mostly NL HE tournies, sometimes mixed cash games, we were playing a tourny. The following hand comes up.

Last hand for rebuys, I'm severly short-stacked.

One limper and one folder ahead of me, I have A5s and move all in planning to rebuy if I lose.

Small-blind (fish) calls, limper infront of me raises all in, for roughly 6 times what I raised.

The all-in raiser shows the fish his hand (we play pretty loose with the rules), he shows QQ and tells him to fold. Bad play obviously, but the fish is know for HUGE suckouts, and the guys just wants to take the pot quickly.

The fish, without acting yet, shows A4, and is about to call. I thought he had called already, and I flip over my A5. He hesitates, and ponders for a minute. He is facing pocket queens and a hand that has him dominated, and still wants to call an overbet of the pot. He folds.

We laugh for a while at the play he almost made.

Flop... 4 4 9 Turn... J River... 3

We laugh at the irony.

Don't you wish you knew fish like this?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Hilariously fish play at home game...

I remember when I started playing I remember 1 fish trying to tell me the rank of his card didn't matter in a flush if both players card are under the highest card. So let's say Ac is on the board and he has 3c4c and a flush versus 7c8c and both players have a flush. The flush was actually "the same" since both players had Ace high flush. I was adamant he was wrong but he was adamant he was right. Fish here fish there.

Lately, even with instant Hand History on both party and stars, I've seen people blatantly LIE when they muck there hands on the river. Are people that stupid. Some guy on a 66KQx board calls on the river, and says "ace's no good here huh." And KQ takes it down. I check the hand history, the guy has 1010 mucked of course. I tell him his hand and that he lied to the field. He's like IF YOU CAN SEE MY cards, why did you call the last time. ROFL.

The day before. My friend has A9 and I'm watching him play party 50 NL. AAx flops and he c/rs the flop. And is reraised. We assumed the guy could have a higher kicker, and then he mucks the river. He goes on to tell us he was "outkicked." When I check the HH, he has K7 for NOTHING. If people are dumb enough to muck and I'm smart enough to check there cards, why do people lie, and then when caught never admit to being a pathetic liar. I just don't get it any more. Atleast lie intelligently.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember when I started playing I remember 1 fish trying to tell me the rank of his card didn't matter in a flush if both players card are under the highest card. So let's say Ac is on the board and he has 3c4c and a flush versus 7c8c and both players have a flush. The flush was actually "the same" since both players had Ace high flush. I was adamant he was wrong but he was adamant he was right. Fish here fish there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah in my school when I first started playing this was disputed aswell and the pot was eventually split, I wasn't there and eventually informed them of the rules.

Another guy thought that straights and trips beat flushes.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tell him his hand and that he lied to the field

[/ QUOTE ]

retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
why do people lie, and then when (I do something retarded like tell them what their hand was an embarrass them in front of the table and maybe make them leave the table, or make them stop bluffing as much or stop calling down as much) never admit to being a pathetic liar

[/ QUOTE ]

paraphrased.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:57 AM

I know it's a problem to sometimes inform the fish. Do they not realize hand histories are quickly available. I guess not. I'm sorry for informing them, if it really makes you feel any better.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:44 PM

At our home game we play no limit tournaments. In one big hand, my buddy raises and after being reraised all in, he lays down QQ preflop (opponent showed his KK). I tell my buddy he made a good laydown. His girlfriend says "Even if I knew he had KK, I would have called with Queens." I asked her "Why on earth would you call?". She answered..."In case a Queen came out"

How do argue with logic like that.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At our home game we play no limit tournaments. In one big hand, my buddy raises and after being reraised all in, he lays down QQ preflop (opponent showed his KK). I tell my buddy he made a good laydown. His girlfriend says "Even if I knew he had KK, I would have called with Queens." I asked her "Why on earth would you call?". She answered..."In case a Queen came out"

How do argue with logic like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-09-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lately, even with instant Hand History on both party and stars, I've seen people blatantly LIE when they muck there hands on the river. Are people that stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I am not stupid I like messing with people.

[ QUOTE ]
If people are dumb enough to muck and I'm smart enough to check there cards, why do people lie, and then when caught never admit to being a pathetic liar. I just don't get it any more. Atleast lie intelligently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then smartie - I cant get anything past you. You are the handhistory freaking batman-like matlock style detective. No, I dont feel pathetic. No, I was not lying. I was deliberately trying to mislead you at the poker table for my own future monetary advantage. Now you know what I know - good for you. Thats poker baby.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:14 PM

My home game is incredibly fishy. At the final table (of 6) last week, I somehow managed the incredible feat of taking them all out in order of skill, so the best other player lost to me on the first hand, then the semi-solid player, followed by the dabbler and the drunken goober.

By the time it was heads up... well, I won on this hand:

Holding K9o at 200-400 blinds, after a call I raise 800 pre-flop and get called. Flop comes down QQ9. I push, and he calls me all in with...

T7o
Old 06-09-2005, 04:45 PM

Default the Kings of the HOME GAMES

Ummmmmm....

Please stop with the "I am king of our home game" posts,
especially when there is a HOME POKER forum...

That being said...please...come to Foxwoods... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-ZEN