Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 07:17 PM

Default beginning to end with the same guy sitting next to you...

won 215 tourney-bucks on stars last night in a $3-rebuy satellite. first time i pulled one of those off so hoo-ray for me!! (i have probably only played in 4 or 5 of them).

the highlight came in the first hour when there were 4 all-ins pre-flop on the same hand (maybe it was 5, cant remember). i had AA and was up against something like KJ, AT and 87.
the short-stacked 87 took 3k main-pot with a straight. my AA held up for about 8k worth of side-pots.

after that the table played pretty standard i guess.

what caught my eye was that the guy next to me and i were both building our stacks at roughly the same rate.
i was on his left for almost the whole tourney and found it strange that 2 guys sitting next to each other for an enitre tourney could both make it all the way to the finish line. anyone else think this is unusual??

i had a couple of minor battles with him but i think we were both smart enough to stay out of each other's way. it's possible i got to pick on the blinds a bit more. he tried to pick off my blind a couple times but he happened to do it when i had something decent and he folded either immediately or shortly thereafter.

they bumped me from the table for about 20 minutes and then brought me back to the original table...this time to the immediate right of the guy.

so except for about 20 minutes on a different table, i was seated right next to this guy for 5+ hours in this thing and we both made it all the way.
just found it unusual i guess.