Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 04:15 PM

Default 5/10 BB defend, 4c3c

sup homies,

villain is pretty TAG preflop, hasnt done anything out of line postflop yet. my image is good, the only hands I've shown down are 99 and QQ overpairs and I've won a few pots with no showdown. table is tight but overall more passive than I would have thought.

how's it look? I'm most curious about my river play.

Party 5/10, 10 handed

folded to CO who raises, SB calls, I call in the BB with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

flop T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, CO raises, SB folds, I three bet, he calls

turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, he calls

river K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check with the intention of folding
Old 04-24-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: 5/10 BB defend, 4c3c

LAG!!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 04:20 PM

I think the hand's not worth defending with.

I think check-raising looks a lot better than leading out because you're obviously not draw pumping on that board.

Turn is meh. I could see just giving up right there.

River is good.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:26 PM

my default line with these hands is to C/R any non-A/K flop, but I didn't like it as much here because of SB's presence in the hand.

CO is raising anything he isn't folding, and I thought there were a lot of hands I'd still be ahead of. I'd also like to take it down on the turn, as my hand is pretty vulnerable.

obviously him folding any better hand is a goldmine for me.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:27 PM

ok seriously,

i think i'd probably fold this preflop. i understand the logic behind the call, but i'd want something with a little more high card strength like 67s or 78s.

i also think i like the stop and go here over a 3-bet because i'd like to see him fold. by the time you 3-bet the flop, and lead the turn, he's getting 7:1 to see the river. he's most likely raising for a free card on the flop, just don't give it to him.

i'm inclined to give someone who stops and goes more credit for a hand than someone who 3-bets the flop in these situations. because the flop 3-bet is basically telling him "you better be scared of this 3-bet, calling is insane right now, i want you to fold" where the stop and go is more like, "i have a legit hand, that i'm trying to get value out of without giving you a free card, you chump so call me down if you want to lose"

just my thoughts.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:32 PM

yeah, when he raised I immediately thought "stop and go time, baby" but then I decided that looks too much like a hand that knew you might be raising with sh** and I'm gonna bet again but fold to a raise. I stop and go from time to time, I usually do it with top pair weak kicker or some weak two pairs to mix it up, but usually not from the blind.

I'm also giving him better odds to call the turn but less confidence in his outs, assuming he isn't already ahead with something like 88. assuming he had something 77/88/99ish, I also thought this was the best way to get him to lay down
Old 04-24-2005, 04:33 PM

i don't like it at all.... you don't even have a high card to fall back on and call down with...

i say fold pf

flop ok

check the turn

and since you've made it this far, why not bet the river? maybe he has A high and you'll get value, or maybe you're bluff will push him off
Old 04-24-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I immediately thought "stop and go time, baby" but then I decided that looks too much like a hand that knew you might be raising with sh** and I'm gonna bet again but fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he's bluff raising the turn that often, you led into him twice on that ragged flop. he's usually either giving you credit for a hand and folding, or he's giving you credit for a hand and calling to try and draw out.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also giving him better odds to call the turn but less confidence in his outs, assuming he isn't already ahead with something like 88. assuming he had something 77/88/99ish, I also thought this was the best way to get him to lay down

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not really drawing with 77, 88 or 99... it's more like he's trying to get to a showdown because he thinks his hand is best. i also think he's more likely to fold one of these hands to a stop and go, rather than a 3-bet and lead turn - because it just looks soooo much like you want a fold. \

because this is a blind steal which basically comes down to a pissing contest at these limits, over aggro betting is the norm for a lot of players in these situations. they know this, and are more likely to call you down imo.

try the stop and go, it confuses them more than just full on aggression since they're not sure where they're at. with the 3-bet and lead, its like "well he's either bluffing or not" with the stop and go, they're not so sure.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:58 PM

A) Im so calling with this preflop

B) Originally I thought the stop n go.

But, I think they are more likely to call BS on a SNG and call down, but might muck like 77 and junk on the turn.

And, that the one of the worst possible rivers...I think think the ole check fold is best.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) Im so calling with this preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

you're sooooo cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]