Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Jam the turn?

So this 'beauty' came up tonight. I was wondering if I got the full amount from it or if I should have jammed the turn. At that moment I decided to call and keep the others in for the extra bets.

No particular reads, second orbit.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

River: (13 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 07-06-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Jam the turn?

You should have re-raised the turn. If they had high clubs they're calling lots of bets on the turn to draw. They also might be morons and call with other crap.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

with that 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]falling i bet out every time with the HOPES i get raised so i can 3bet. reraise the turn, lead the river and hope it gets raised again.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:44 PM

First off, this has to be said: "Fold that [censored] preflop." Even though you're in the small blind, and have multiple callers, T7o is [censored]! Nothing but minimal equity, domination, and the reverse implied odds that go along with it. You got lucky.

Having said that,... Re-raise the turn!! You missed out on at least 6 Big Bets here. (~300 hands worth of work).

Adam
Old 07-06-2005, 05:03 PM

I agree with the others that you should have 3-bet the turn.

That said, I can see what you were doing, and it is sort of a guessing game, because it's possible UTG+2 and CO have hands they'll call one more with but not two. For instance, maybe someone with just a jack with no clubs or even just a nine with no clubs will fear either you or Button must have a made flush and go away. Someone with a hand like A8o also might call one more but not two.

So it could be that your plan worked out as well as (or possibly even better than) a turn 3-bet would have. But if UTG+2 and CO like their draws too much to give them up (and there are a lot of possible draws on this board), it sure would be nice to get additional bets from them in on the turn, and that's what I would go for.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:14 AM

Yes you are right, I made a very loose call there. Please don't kill me.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:18 AM

Thank you and the others for the explanation.

At that moment a call seemed the best way to go to keep people in and not scare them out. I guess you are right that people maybe will not let go of their hands anyway, for example when they hold an A and/or K of clubs. Something to think about next time.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, this has to be said: "Fold that [censored] preflop." Even though you're in the small blind, and have multiple callers, T7o is [censored]! Nothing but minimal equity, domination, and the reverse implied odds that go along with it. You got lucky.

Having said that,... Re-raise the turn!! You missed out on at least 6 Big Bets here. (~300 hands worth of work).

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I play this every time given like 14:1 odds here. You have a fair enough chance hitting 2 pair, trips, or a straight draw on the flop that makes this worth it.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First off, this has to be said: "Fold that [censored] preflop." Even though you're in the small blind, and have multiple callers, T7o is [censored]! <font color="red">Nothing but minimal equity, domination, and the reverse implied odds that go along with it.</font> You got lucky.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I play this every time given like 14:1 odds here. You have a fair enough chance hitting 2 pair, trips, or a straight draw on the flop that makes this worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what to you do when you hit a T or 7-high board? Fold?
What about when you pair 2nd highest on the board? Fold?

Adam