Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 12:38 AM

Default In a bit of a rut

Do you ever go on losing streaks where you think, "Maybe I should just give up poker and quit while I am ahead with the money I have already made?"
I seem to be having a lot of difficulty playing 2/4 on Party Poker. For some reason I am seem to be in a stretch where no one calls me when I raise prf with AA or KK, but I get several callers when I raise with weaker hands. How do they know?
Very frustrated when no one seems to be paying off any of my good hands. Plus I seem to be always folding my Big Blind to raises. I feel like I am a gerble running on a wheel. I seem to be slowly losing money. Any words of encouragement?

Pots
Old 01-27-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: In a bit of a rut

Variance sucks. Just keep playing solid poker and you WILL be a winner in the long run.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:17 AM

god damn I know EXACTLY what you're saying. My problem is my good starting hands are getting sucked out on or getting no action. I've been through it before, I don't remember how I got over it mentally, since I don't take Prozac or Heroin I think usually the ritualistic massacre of the sacrificial mouse or two usually makes me feel a little less irritated.

I just bought an optical mouse three days ago. Ever since I installed it the pointer shoots to one corner or another of the display arbitrarily. I couldn't fix it. I got on Logitech's page and it said to try reinstalling the software... no dice. Well a couple days ago I flopped a set from the SB and couldn't check-raise cause I couldn't locate my pointer in time and I timed out; that mouse is now resting in a shallow, unmarked grave off I-96. I went back to the other mouse I had, it was slow moving and I had to jerk it around a bit, but at least it had balls... well, at least one I know of for sure [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Later

PG
Old 01-27-2005, 01:20 AM

I go through stretches like this. You start feeling like you are the only person at the table playing with his hole cards face up. It can be very frustrating - worse than running bad IMHO. Just variance at it's finest. Keep your chin up.

Pep.