Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Tourney Sign Up Question

We have had problems in the past with people saying that they are going to show up to a tournement and then not showing up so what I did for the tourney coming up on the 26th is send emails (One month before event, One two weeks before and One two days before the end of registration) out to everybody and then have them registar and pay before the 19th (One week for me to prepare) via paypal, neteller, checks, cash. I had 9 other people registar as of the 19th but only 7 pay me as of today. Both said checks were on the way a week ago, and as of today, nothing. Tourney is on Sat and I don't think it is fair to the others to let them just show up, pay then, and just play. One has a past history of not paying debts....so he always has to have the money up front, the other is very reliable. Should I let them play? Or what other options do I have.

If something isn't clear let me know and I can fix it, I put this out in a hurry
Old 11-24-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Tourney Sign Up Question

If they show up with money, let them play, but make sure they know it will be the last time. If they show up without money, I would probably front the reliable one the money, privatly, but not let the other dude play.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Tourney Sign Up Question

Here's the best way to go about this. You tell everyone when the tourney is starting, and to bring the buy-in with them. If they don't show up by said time, with money in hand, they don't play!