Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Borgata Saturdays

Any info on the Saturday nl games at the borgata or other places in AC would be appreciated. Are there many tourist fish there ont he weekend? Former nyc player. New place needed please.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Borgata Saturdays

if you can't beat the 2/5 or 5/10 game at the Borg, you should be happy you can't play in the city anymore.

just kidding. 2/5 or 5/10 ranges from half hour to 2 hour wait in the evening. Dime quarter is usually avaiable if 2+ games are going. 1/2 is a minimum of 40 people wait list, sometimes over 100. Just get there early enough.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:50 PM

2/5 the list wasn't long Saturday night.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:56 PM

FWIW, on this particular Saturday I was playing with plenty of people I play(ed) with (or got dealt by) at the very clubs you are missing.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any info on the Saturday nl games at the borgata or other places in AC would be appreciated. Are there many tourist fish there ont he weekend? Former nyc player. New place needed please.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Borg baby nl games are probably good, if the average Borg nl player is anything like the average middle limit player (I play 10-20 limit).

If you plan to go to the Borg on a Saturday then get there by 1:00 or so (or earlier during peak travel season) to get a seat, otherwise you will be on the wait list forever.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:36 PM

Out of all the poker rooms in ac which would you guys recommend most? I have been up to foxwoods but i have a miserable time there always as the people at the table usually suck. The miserable old people complaining constantly and chasing 78 suited flushes to the river. I'm really pumped for this ac trip as ive heard good things about borgata but let me know about the rest. thanks.