Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 09:54 PM

Default qq fold to reraise preflop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($102.60)
Button ($89.95)
SB ($111.60)
BB ($83.90)
UTG ($151.63)

Villain is 4% raiser, though this is only after a small sample of hands--about 60. If he has stats on me he'll see I'm about a 25/10.

First time I've seen him reraise. Thought it was a clear fold at the time but thought I'd see what others think.

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $111.10 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $115.60
Old 12-01-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: qq fold to reraise preflop?

His most likely range is AK/KK/AA. You are flipping vs 16 combinations, and 4:1 dog vs 12 combinations. Folding to this retardo-push is fine. BTW I dont like 3$ as standard raise at these stakes. Personal preference though.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 PM

you do 4 + 1?

I was a consistent 3+1 raiser at 50NL and was totally comfortable with it. Should I consider changing?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:41 PM

Yea, I usually do 4+1 or so at these stakes. Its personal preference and dependant on the games you play, but 3 is at the lowest end of the spectrum, and I am more comfortable raising more. Obvious benefits are that it gets more money in the pot for my big hands, and it (hopefully) does a SLIGHTLY better job of narrowing hand ranges. Of course these are obvious factors. I think a lot more people are advocating 3.5 - 4 as standard raise nowadays as far as cash games (tournaments are a whole 'nother story with their structures, as less than 3x can often be standard, moreso during later stages), but I'm not sure what change in results you would see. I can't really tell you if 4x is BETTER than 3x for you and the games you play in. Perhaps give 4x a shot and see if you like it more.