Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Catching the nut flush on a paired board (1/2 on Stars).

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero ?

I'm afraid I have no reads/stats, comments on all streets are welcome.
Thank you.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Catching the nut flush on a paired board (1/2 on Stars).

Hero raises on river.

I can't imagine a 1/2 player leading out with a full house on the turn. I can believe he would c/r.

I think you've got the best hand. He may or may not pay off your raise...if he doesn't, remember that for any dangerous boards later on.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:21 PM

I'm not much for capping preflop with AKo, but if it is an error, it isn't a large one.

On the flop it's hard to imagine you have the best hand, so take the free card towards your nut flush draw and inside straight draw. If you do bet and get check/raised, call! A flop check/raise is rarely beaten by Ace-high.

Turn is fine, pot is so big and you have a good amount of outs. There are 8 hearts, 3 additional queens, and I'd probably assign 2 more outs to the 6 overcard outs, and 1.5 outs to the 3 queens. That's probably a little generous on the overcard outs though. So you have ~11.5 outs and 16.5:1 odds. Keep in mind you could be drawing dead at this point, but I think a flush or even 89 for a straight and a straight flush draw is a lot more likely than a set or JT.

You made your nut flush, raise! Call a 3-bet, clearly he has at least a boat.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:25 PM

I bet and raise my draw for value on flop, I have 9 clean outs + 3 Q + 2 overcards with 2 cards to come.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:36 PM

On the flop, I'd value your hand at 14 outs tops. 9 flush outs, 3 queens, and maybe 2 outs at best for your OC's. That gives you the equity to make your first bet but not your 3-bet (since two players folded).

Very standard river raise
Old 12-10-2005, 06:43 PM

If you attribute 14 outs to my draw I believe I have more than 50% chances of winning the hand but I wasn't expecting the guy in between to fold.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:57 PM

Grunch

I would raise/call the river. Villain's hand looks to me like it could be kings with the king of hearts or a flopped flush. I think you're ahead here more times than you're against a full house. Definitely raise, in my opinion.