Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Sucked into a flush. Was it wrong to call?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

So this seemed like a big mess to get myself into. Was it wrong to keep calling the raises? I figured with a pot that big hitting third nut flush would still be worth it since each bet that came to me was always the right odds. What do you guys think? Should the paired board worry me?As for the PF raise, that was mostly an attempt to buy the button. Thanks for input.

Freakin
Old 10-18-2004, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Sucked into a flush. Was it wrong to call?

i don't think i like the PF raise here. second, you gotta raise that flop. with two callers it's a raise for value, and you also might be able to snag yourself a free turn if you don't like what comes up. I think calling the turn was okay. you definitely have the right odds to call 2 or 3 bets, and i don't think you can fold here under the assumption that it'll be capped given the action.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:13 PM

Raise the flop.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:33 PM

2 callers UTG with only the button and blinds left this is not a preflop raise.

Raise the flop you have a flush draw and overcards.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

So this seemed like a big mess to get myself into. Was it wrong to keep calling the raises? I figured with a pot that big hitting third nut flush would still be worth it since each bet that came to me was always the right odds. What do you guys think? Should the paired board worry me?As for the PF raise, that was mostly an attempt to buy the button. Thanks for input.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

PF raise was fine, in fact I like it a lot.

Raise the flop

Play the rest the same
Old 10-19-2004, 05:35 AM

Absolutely raise preflop and raise the flop. The turn sucks but I think you have to see the river in this big pot since
only A2 and 55 are reasonable boat hands given this action. Don't listen to the people who say not to raise preflop. They are wrong. Your hand has great value here. And limping from the CO is generally a dismal plan.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:16 AM

Preflop raise is fine really. Limping is fine too - all depends on how you want to play the hand. Aggressively against some loose limpers, or if you know the button and blinds are loose and are going to come along anyway, build the pot with a good multi-way hand. Or maybe it'll just buy you the button, which is always nice too.

Raise the flop. If everyone comes along it's for value. It also might buy you a free look at the river if you don't make your hand on the turn.

There's really no place to get away from this hand on the turn. The pot is growing rapidly and you're seeing a river.

Bet on the river is standard.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:13 AM

PF fine

raise the flop.

turn and river are fine.

You had the odds. Nice hand.

Regards,
Pete Harris