Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Stud is Dead(morte)

Too many bad players in holdem, at least at 5/10, to bother much with stud. The general level of play at that level is worse on the whole the the worse level of play at 5/10 stud and in stud, since it is easier to catch up in a hand than holdem, the less experienced stud players still have a chance to lose less than their counterparts in holdem.

I love stud and of course being a stud. But you gotta play where the play is weaker.

And as an aside, is it the goal of PP to turn us all into compulsive gamblers?
Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Stud is Dead(morte)

[ QUOTE ]
Too many bad players in holdem, at least at 5/10, to bother much with stud. The general level of play at that level is worse on the whole the the worse level of play at 5/10 stud and in stud, since it is easier to catch up in a hand than holdem, the less experienced stud players still have a chance to lose less than their counterparts in holdem.

I love stud and of course being a stud. But you gotta play where the play is weaker.

And as an aside, is it the goal of PP to turn us all into compulsive gamblers?

[/ QUOTE ]

The average stud game isn't very good, true. However, the good games are so much better than good LHE games it's unreal. I manage to find 2-3 games a week on various sites 3/6-5/10 where you can find players calling bets from open trips with no draw, raising players with open 4flush because they have 2p, etc. I have a harder time getting an edge over the so-so players, but I find the weakest players are at an even bigger disadvantage. Also, it's not like the skills between LHE/7CS don't carry over at all.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:50 PM

Stud's more fun than hold'em. I don't "gotta" play anywhere.

We're all compulsive gamblers anyway. All Party has to do is spread the games.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 PM

I read something from either Sklansky or Zee that said 7CSFAP sales are up 20% this year. Maybe death is not imminent.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The average stud game isn't very good, true. However, the good games are so much better than good LHE games it's unreal. I manage to find 2-3 games a week on various sites 3/6-5/10 where you can find players calling bets from open trips with no draw, raising players with open 4flush because they have 2p, etc. I have a harder time getting an edge over the so-so players, but I find the weakest players are at an even bigger disadvantage. Also, it's not like the skills between LHE/7CS don't carry over at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I suck (see my posts in this forum) but still manage to make a bundle at low-limit Stud/8, either alone or as part of a Dealer's Choice game. Last week at Party someone finally started jamming their rolled-up deuces on 6th--- into my open trip kings (which had filled up.) Too bad he hit the case 2 on 7th... It's amazing how many people play with no clue.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:30 AM

may he had the "auto shuffle" thing on, and had hit quads and saw your KKK, and knew you wouldnt drop them?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
may he had the "auto shuffle" thing on, and had hit quads and saw your KKK, and knew you wouldnt drop them?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had only one 2 up, and it was his 3rd street upcard, so he must have been rolled.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:01 PM

Party is showing their greed with that blackjack add on.