Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 05:04 AM

Default PSTARS $20+2 tourney

Anyone playing in it right now?
Old 08-17-2004, 06:06 AM

Default Re: PSTARS $20+2 tourney

Yep, I am playing (kssarh). Sitting at 1st break with 2100 chips. I peaked out at 3200 but I getting seriously pissed off at a bad player who was going all-in with about 20% of his hands, so when he busted himself down to 1050 he tried it one more time, and out of spite I called with 88 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 06:21 AM

I didn't catch any cards and I was down to 455 before I went all in and got back to 1015. Than I had KQ on the button and limped in with one person in MP. Both blinds checked and the flop came AK6 with 2 hearts. Blinds check, limped bets 300, I have 655 in front of me, I decide to call to see if a hearts come off and if he bets at it, or if my hand improves I'll go all in. Both blinds fold and the next card off is the 2 of diamonds. He pauses and bets 300, now I have a feeling he doesn't have an ace and I move in, he calls and turns over pocket dueces, LOL! A meaningless king comes on the river for trip kings and I'm out.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:17 AM

Ouch. I finished 34th, 7 out of money. Put in a 3x raise preflop to try to steal (table tightened up a ton), got a caller. We checked it back and forth to the river, where I hit top pair. He was a very streight player, so I wasn't worried about a slowply. I went all in, he called. He hit the a str8 on the river.

Now that I think about it, I recognize how stupid this was. I should have just checked it to him, since I doubt he would have come in with a bet, much less enough to put me all in, unless he had SOMETHING. Either way, it wouldn't cost me my entire stack.