Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2003, 05:02 PM

Default Another TT Hand

Typical 5-10. UTG with whom I never played with before and looked kind of nervous, tight-passive but sensible player, raised for only the 3rd time after playing with him for about 4 hours. Three limpers to me at late MP and I decided to limp with black TT. Folded to BB who called.

Flop K T 8 rainbow. BB checked, UTG bet, MP1 called, I raised, BB folded, UTG made it 3, MP1 looked trapped but called , I capped, both called.

Turn another K. UTG bets, MP1 reluctantly called, I raised, UTG 3-bet again, MP1 mucked. What's my play?

Results later.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Another TT Hand

Cap the turn. If he leads the river, call, if checked to on the river, bet and call a check-raise. It sucks if he has KK, but AK is not improbable, even though he only raised 3 times in 4 hours.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:16 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Cap it. The only hand that beats you is KK that he could logically have. While I might put him on AK or KK early once the second falls, I think it's hard to automatically say it's KK.

Besides if he has quads you still have 1 out to the bad beat pot. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 06:11 PM

After 4 hours you shouldn't have any trouble profiling him as "sensibly tight passive". If so, figure he has a good hand when he DOES assert himself.

Fold TT in MP against this player. At best you are even money against his over-cards and you still have to face the field. Call if there is likely going to be a big field and play for your set.

I think you should call the flop 3-bet, hehehe, figuring to raise the turn. But it worked out anyway.

He didn't raise with KT nor K8, so the ONLY hand he can have to beat you is KK; and there is only ONE of them left. Whereas there are 8 ways he can have AK, 3 ways he may have 88, and 6 ways he can be over-playing AA; not to mention the long shot QJ or other draw.

But you can call, hehehe, figuring to raise the river unless an A, K, or 8 comes.

- Louie
Old 07-16-2003, 06:21 PM

I'm unclear to the action did UTG raise or limp preflop?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:15 AM

I capped the turn, he checked-called the river, a blank, showed AKs, and I scooped a nice pot.

When he 3-betted the flop, I narrowed he's likely holding to AA or AK. KK seemed to be slim because, being 'sensible' he would have just called my raise, maybe hoping to trap me on the turn.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:23 AM

It was his only third raise PF in 4 hours.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:32 AM

At that point I wouldn't worry as much about utg as the guy who is calling.

I would think there is a remote chance that utg has kk but more likely he's got AK and thinks he's got it best. The guy who is calling may have K10s or 8 and is just letting you guys do the work.

Personally I would just go in to check call mode and only because of the caller.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:42 PM

Therefore you didn't limp, you called 2 cold?

Fold preflop.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:47 PM

After a raise and three coldcallers, with the blinds possibly along, I think the odds are plenty fine to play TT here, especially since you will get the aggressive post-flop action you are looking for if you flop your set.