Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 10:36 PM

Default MPTK against moneybag, passive in between

SB is 10/5 aggressive postflop over about 40 hands. CO is LAP. I think the first 3 streets are standard, what about the river? Take a free showdown?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...
Old 05-11-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: MPTK against moneybag, passive in between

Looks like SB has a missed AK, but I'm not sure about CO, if he's passive postflop he could be calling down with a pair of Jacks.

I think that SB will fold, and CO will call, but he'll probably call with a worse hand more times than not. So this is an easy value bet IMO.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:42 PM

I dont think calling is standard. I find a raise somewhere, I'm thinking the flop.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think calling is standard. I find a raise somewhere, I'm thinking the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

so a value raise in the flop? then we bet out the turn and river?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:46 PM

What happens when we get 3 bet and have to call the turn anyway. That's 2.5BB. I think we can let this cost us 1.5BB if we fold the river if he still leads and CO calls.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:14 PM

This hand looks good. There really isn't much value in raising the flop since better hands will 3-bet and worse hands will just call. So if he has AK he will call the raise and then you dodge everyones draws on both the turn and river. If however he 3-bets with AA or KK or whatever, then you will usually be playing HU with 5 outs or less. Keeping the other people around to pad the pot looks like a good way to go here (one of them might have you beat anyway so it's not like if you have the PFR beat that you will have the best hand). I'm certainly value betting the river here as you almost surely have the best hand in this spot.

Brad
Old 05-11-2005, 11:33 PM

8 is a scare card for SB, who may think you are drawing to a straight (just calling flop and turn), I'm guessing SB has something like AJ, take the free showdown.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8 is a scare card for SB, who may think you are drawing to a straight (just calling flop and turn), I'm guessing SB has something like AJ, take the free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

a scare card? not likely. and if you're SB and have AJ, you would/should still bet this river.

i like the hand, though i would have raised the flop, but i'm still working on my HU play and Shill's post sounds better than mine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 06:24 AM

Both called my bet. CO had KJ and SB had QQ! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

This particular time he played it perfect as he gained an extra BB he wouldn't have if he value bet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]