Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Weed Brownies

Quick question. Searched for it, but I'm having trouble finding specifics.

I've attempted to make brownies once before. Standard M+M's brownie mix, 9x8 pan, standard amount of mix. Anyway, we follow the instructions that we've obtained off the internet. We boil up our vegtable oil with our weed, releasing the thc for about 20 minutes on a low-mid temperature. However, it seemed like it started to simmer, and the oil started to pop and fly everywhere. When we removed it 20 minutes later, a semi-large plume of smoke flew up from the pan. Not sure if this was the thc being released? We were careful not to bring it to a boil, I've been told that this burns the oil.

Anyway, we used about 4 grams, and filtered the oil into the bowl. Made the brownies, had about a quarter each, but it didn't work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now, for the questions.

What's the optimal amount of weed that we should use? I was thinking a half-o? I've heard several options...one gram, an ounze, 5 grams, which is correct?

Is oil the best way to go? What about butter?

How long does it take to start working? I started to feel something about 1.5 hours later, but it was about 7 in the morning and I had to be up early.

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I tried googling our first recipe, and it didn't work. That's why I'm posting here now. My buddy posted under my account about shrooms, and received great advice. Hopefully this will be similar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Weed Brownies

Quick bump~
Old 11-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Whenever I have made them, I replaced the oil with butter. It works better I think. Just add the pot until the butter turns a nice green color. Use scissors or a grater to cut the pot into fine shavings before adding to the butter. Also I think I used around 10 grams to make a batch, maybe more. I wouldn't go less than 10 though. Also it can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours for them to fully kick in. Eat lots just to be sure, and get real [censored]. That is all
Old 11-04-2005, 05:46 PM

I've heard that butter is better also. We have a grinder, so keeping it fine and stemless is not a problem. You put the butter in the pan, and cook it up with the weed?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that butter is better also. We have a grinder, so keeping it fine and stemless is not a problem. You put the butter in the pan, and cook it up with the weed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a coffee grinder?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM

No, I was refering to a weed grinder. The little hand held ones. We used a strainer to filter out the particles left over leaving us with pure oil.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:53 PM

Yeah, use enough heat to melt the butter, but don't burn it. Then add the weed and up the temperature a little... remove the seeds and stems first too, unless you like to chew on them when eating brownies.
when the butter is good and green, then add it to your brownie batter.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:55 PM

Alright, I'm reading this site. http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/potbutter.htm

It says to use about 3/4 of an ounce, use two pots, and to use cheesecloth. We may have less than 3/4 of an ounce, no cheesecloth, but well have the two pots. Will it still work?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:05 PM

Been a long time, but as I recall, we just put about a half oz of weed in the batter and baked. It's a little different from smoking. About half an hour after you eat the brownies, you suddenly realize you're stoned.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:15 PM

if I recall correctly, the THC in marijuana needs to be combusted to be released and is fat-soluble.....which is why the best thing to do is just take a frying pan, put your butter and weed in there and let it simmer (don't burn!) for awhile on low-med heat, and then use that as your butter in the brownie mix......