Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 02:16 AM

Default More 400 PL hands Good players please post!

6 max 400 PL on party

This time I tried the PL game instead.

I had been raising alot of hands for the pot preflop or 3x the BB. I had a very good image as a gambling type player.

My strategy is still the same not to call a big raise out of pos and to bluff the flop heads up with pos sometimes and sometimes check behind.

Hand1: I opened for the pot size raise of 14 from middle pos with 33 and I got called by the BB who frequently calls my raises.

Flop
Ks 8s 8h checked to me heads up I bet the pot he calls.

Clearly now I shut down.

Turn Ks 8s 8h 3c perfect card I bet the pot he ponders for a sec then calls

River Ks 8s 8h 3c 7d check to me and I decide to go for the gusto and set him all in for his last 250.
At this level they seem to try and play like limit poker and call down with a king but when they face the *Big* bet they can release would anybody make a more milking 120 type bet?

He folded after some thought.

Hand 2: This is a tricky one I raised utg for my usual 14 with AQo got one caller behind. I thought he was a reasonable type player but he cold called quite a few of my raises. Heads up I have him covered

Flop Qh Td 2s I bet the pot he called quickly

Turn Qh Td 2s 8s I bet 2/3 the pot he pondered for a bit and then doubled my bet. That hurt, he is not that right preflop he "could" have cold called with QT, J9, 22, KQ, QJ but who would play KQ QJ this way? I folded. I hate to play any kind of big pot out of pos I try to avoid that. When I bet the pot with Top pair top kick in general how should I play the turn out of pos or in pos after a card like that 8s comes off.

Thanks in advance for any reply posts
Old 06-20-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: More 400 PL hands Good players please post!

first one seems fine, it depends on a read whether or not he would call an all in or a value bet, if he calls the all in at least 1/2 the time when it's twice as big, then it's a good bet...

as for the second hand, on that rainbow flop, there's two draws, KJ and 9J, and one of them just got there. otherwise he has a wired pair or something and puts oyu on AK missed or something. I would check behind on the turn and call a reasonable bet on the river.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: More 400 PL hands Good players please post!

you played both of these hands good.
prob check the turn in hand 2...