Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 06:04 AM

Default What is playerview

I have tried a search, and have got loads of hits for playerview, but nothing seems to explain exactly what it is. Hope someone can tell me.

I don't use Pokertracker or anything like that (I know I should). Does that mean playerview is no use for me? I was sort of hoping it was a tool that might allow you to see at a glance how many hands a player is playing in a SNG, and other things like that. Is this the case, or is it something totally different?

If playerview is not what I am looking for, is there any other software that will display stats on how your opponents are playing in a SNG? That sort of thing would be immensely helpful.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:15 AM

Default Re: What is playerview

Playerview requires pokertracker. It overlays stats for your opponents directly onto the party poker window.

Freakin
Old 12-16-2004, 06:17 AM

Playerview does what you are looking for but it requires pokertracker. Playerview gets stats from pokertracker such as call%, raise%, etc, and dispays them on the poker window right next to the names of your opponents. However, the program is useless without pokertracker.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:02 AM

Can PlayerView alter the screen so the seats appear empty? (without the picture of the player there) I find the animated character distracting and would rather see an empty chair.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can PlayerView alter the screen so the seats appear empty? (without the picture of the player there) I find the animated character distracting and would rather see an empty chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playerview cannot do this. I don't know about other sites, but you can remove the character in the partypoker options.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:22 AM

Thanks SplashPot, I found it and took the players out. That is so awesome. I considered them just clutter on the screen and really disliked seeing them. Maybe it's because I started playing on Pacific Poker where there are no player pictures and thats what I got used to.

Cheers,
TomBk
Old 12-22-2004, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the PlayerView Website you can download premade layouts. I use the one by Aces McCoy and think its awesome. The whole background is black (no chairs or anything) and the table itself has a key to the layout of player info. I've added table stats to the bottom center of the table. I haven't even bothered to check out GT+ because PlayerView rocks so much.

PlayerView comes with a packaged installer that is easy to use.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:07 PM

Will PlayerView give you the stats of a table that you are not sitting on?? Thanks

JJ
Old 12-22-2004, 02:13 PM

Yes. It will display stats on an observed table as long as you've imported those stats into PT.

Also, if you open a new table and tell PV to "force update" it will immediately display stats for any player you've previously booked.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:58 PM

"you can download premade layouts. I use the one by Aces McCoy and think its awesome"

I have downloaded. But can't figure out how to plug it in. I understand that I have to overlay his seat and table images with that of Party in the Party's folder.

What I can't figure out is where the actual .PVL file is? I see he has layed out the numbers on top and bottom of a players name box. This is what I want but can't figure out where the actual file layout for playerview is. I don't see any .PVL files in the download. What am I missing???