Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Responses before I stickied the 6 max session post.

Responses before I stickied the session post.

I didn’t want to completely loose the substantive discussion that took place, so I copied and pasted the responses. Sorry, but I want to keep the forum looking fairly orderly, and having a bunch of replies to a sticky makes for confusion and messiness. No big deal. I did add a new guideline to the session post though. Please read it.

Thanks

DeathDonkey

I just tore through the hands and noted things I would do differently. Overall looks ok...

Hand 2: I call down.
Hand 7: Raise preflop.
Hand 11: Raise preflop.
Hand 13: Complete.
Hand 24: Fold preflop.
Hand 28: Raise preflop.
Hand 34: Bet the flop and almost any turn.
Hand 45: Bet the flop.
Hand 50: Complete.
Hand 52: Raise preflop.

-DeathDonkey
deception5 [Re: DeathDonkey]
I came up with pretty much the same things, with a few differences.

Agree with DeathDonkey:

Hand 2: I call down with an overpair, you'll often find a hand like A9. Even TT or a total bluff.
Hand 7: I might raise this preflop.
Hand 13: Easy complete.
Hand 24: Fold preflop
Hand 28: Raise preflop
Hand 34: Easy flop bet. If you are going to play this way you must call the river bet closing the action.
Hand 45: Bet flop
Hand 50: I'm completing here. If there was one more limper I'd fold.

A few differences:

Hand 11 - Not sure about raising A4s UTG. Is this standard? I usually wait until CO or so.
Hand 52 - Not sure about raising QJo preflop against 2 limpers here, but I think it's close and I'd definately raise against one. I can see the argument for buying the button and folding the SB though. Would you raise QTo here as well?

And a few different hands:

Hand 57 - I'm not sure about this fold, I think I'd raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet/river bet
Hand 2504875171: I think I'd be tempted to call this getting around 8:1

DeathDonkey [Re: deception5]

Quote:

Hand 11 - Not sure about raising A4s UTG. Is this standard? I usually wait until CO or so.

Standard for me but I may be too loose.
Quote:

Hand 52 - Not sure about raising QJo preflop against 2 limpers here, but I think it's close and I'd definately raise against one. I can see the argument for buying the button and folding the SB though. Would you raise QTo here as well?

Yes I want the button here that is one good reason for the raise. QTo not sure that is about my borderline. So somewhere between QTo and QJo I don't raise
Quote:

Hand 57 - I'm not sure about this fold, I think I'd raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet/river bet

This is bad because if he has AA or something you make a bad fold. Better to just call down if you want to play it this way he never folds a better hand.

-DeathDonkey
Quote:

This is bad because if he has AA or something you make a bad fold. Better to just call down if you want to play it this way he never folds a better hand.

But we're way behind AA...
Quote:

PreFlop: MicroPoster is Button with Q 9 (5 Players)
UTG calls, 1 fold, MicroPoster raises, SB raises, 1 fold, UTG calls, MicroPoster calls,

Flop: (5.00 SB) 8 K Q (3 Players)
SB bets, UTG calls, MicroPoster calls,

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4 (3 Players)
SB bets, UTG folds, MicroPoster folds,

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

But I think I see what you mean, almost all worse hands are folding and all better hands are calling/raising, the only better hands which we might fold being AQ/QJ/QT. So if he's bluffing we should just call the turn and river bets to win the maximum when ahead.
DeathDonkey [Re: deception5]

If you raise the turn and he 3 bets your getting the right price for a 5 outer.

-DeathDonkey
BaronZeus [Re: DeathDonkey]

A4s isn't very good in 6max IMO, I usually muck it

I raise both QJo and QTo in CO or button.
Quote:

If you raise the turn and he 3 bets your getting the right price for a 5 outer.

-DeathDonkey

Gotcha. Good point

cdlarmore [re: Microposter]

Hand 2- Im calling down here...
Hand 7- Read depending, borderline raising here
Hand 24- Fold this, I dont like a7 off in ep

Hand 11- table dynamics, this is sometimes raisable

Hand 18-interesting, im raising river ,your the bigger 2 pr, and I dont think he hit his trips. Usually trip 2s make u pay earlier. If 3 bet, its a possible fold.

Hand 34- Im betting that Flop, fold equity

Hand 39- Im betting at first to protect, but after that massive calling field, i colclude im at least beat by a larger ace, so I check fold turn

Hand 52 - im considering folding this river, the villans acting fishy, and you didnt improve.

Hand 54- Raise or fold that flop, I hate calling

Hand 57- Flop call questionable, again, call worst case, raise or fold leaning twoard fold, this stuff is read dependent but is important

hope I can help, These are my moves, it doesnt make them gold.
cdl
cdlarmore [re: DeathDonkey]

On hand 45, your really betting the flop with no club flush draw, no pair, no str8 draw, and no fold equity? I like your other plays, and a few of mine should be corrected to be more like yours
cdl
cdlarmore [re: decepticon5]

Hand 52, I like the raise here, make the limpers pay, reads are important. I am folding q10o in that same position.
cdl
cdlarmore [re: Baronzeus]

A4 suited plays well at some tables, you need to get a feel for it, certainly not in full ring but I often steal blinds with hands like this, if the tight players call, beware.
Also, the Q10o on the CO is risky with 2 callers and a bb to beat, it really depends on table reads...
cdl
chaz64 [Re: deception5]

Quote:

Hand 13: Easy complete.

Why do we want to play two small cards in a 3 way pot? When I play a full table I like to get (and usually do get) 3 limpers in this situation to complete. What is the plan for the flop when we don't get 2 pair/trips/flush draw (which is most of the time)? Or do we complete because flopping middle pair, no kicker is good often enough 3-way with no PF raise from anyone?
cdlarmore [Re: baronzeus]
A4 suited plays well at some tables, you need to get a feel for it, certainly not in full ring but I often steal blinds with hands like this, if the tight players call, beware.
Also, the Q10o on the CO is risky with 2 callers and a bb to beat, it really depends on table reads..
baronzeus [Re: cdlarmore]

Quote:

Also, the Q10o on the CO is risky with 2 callers and a bb to beat, it really depends on table reads...
cdl

A4s UTG is worse than QTo in CO almost every time.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Responses before I stickied the session post.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do we want to play two small cards in a 3 way pot? When I play a full table I like to get (and usually do get) 3 limpers in this situation to complete. What is the plan for the flop when we don't get 2 pair/trips/flush draw (which is most of the time)? Or do we complete because flopping middle pair, no kicker is good often enough 3-way with no PF raise from anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have straight potential here as well. Between flush/straight/second pair or better potential we'll win this enough for calling to be profitable.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Responses before I stickied the session post.

I wanted to completely lose the Jewish discussion that took place, so I locked the abomination of a thread. Sorry, but I want to keep the forum looking fairly orderly, and having a bunch of dirty Jews running around makes for confusion and messiness. Just don't question anything and it woun't be a big deal. I did add a more "helpful" rules to the martial law state. Sorry, you can't read them. It's been locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP,
Old 08-09-2005, 03:17 PM

You need to fix the picture link.

Oh, and you never did explain why you have a picture of Mel Gibson on yr avatar.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Q10 o and A4s Baronzeus

Neither A4 or Q10o are gold hands, and are discretionary plays. I dont like raising Q10o in co with 2 limpers and the bb and sb to act, may be dominated depending on the player, and you have no flush potential. Position is the only advantage here.
The A4 in early position is raisable if they table is overly tight, and can be used to pick up the blinds. If I know the table is loose loose, im mucking this, I dont like calling at all. Even if you get a caller, a4s isnt an unplayable hand even in early position

Conclusion: Q10o and A4 can be playable at 6max depending on position and table read.

Also, you cite Q10 as being a better hand, well If i limp with my A4s in the UTG, and you raise your q10o, your a 58/41% dog [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 03:51 PM

duh, everyone loves mel gibson, please refer to adam sandlers song...
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to fix the picture link.

Oh, and you never did explain why you have a picture of Mel Gibson on yr avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it fine?

It's not Mel Gibson, it's the guy who sings "It's hip to be square."

I lost a last longer bet with Pedro in KotKP.

I make fun of him for jacking off bulls and how I go to one of the best schools in the country and he makes fun of me for being square.

Not all that exciting, really.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how I go to one of the best schools in the country

[/ QUOTE ]
Aren't you in the ATL area? Emory?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im from atl originally and im here now.

but i go to davidson.

and no, emory is not one of the best schools in the country. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He telecommutes to UVA.