Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Optimum play on this? (more to come)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ????????

Any ideas on the best way to play this is appreciated. I'll show how I did later as well as results, etc. Only read is button, who is 18/5/1.8 &amp; the SB is LAGGY but w/o many hands.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Optimum play on this? (more to come)

I don't raise this PF, but either way I'm a tight-ass.

Maybe I misunderstood the question. How does a bet sound?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:20 PM

I like the raise pf, the bet is good, it would have been nice if someone raised you so that you hopefully could have c/r on the turn

PS. You are playing with girls at the full ring, usually very passive. Move to 9max it is much better [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 PM

Ummm...bet?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:24 PM

I like the PF raise aswell. I bet out on the flop.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any ideas on the best way to play this is appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean there's really an option other than betting here? The pot is already laying you 10.5-1. Are you trying to bust the table in one hand?

It would be a complete shame if you gave a small/medium pocket pair a free card, or someone with 2nd or bottom pair.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:31 PM

Default What hands do you guys limp with?

OP is UTG+1 and there are two replies saying they like a raise this early w/ AJo.

I'm still sitting on an 8% PFR, but dammit, if you're raising this hand from UTG+1 what are you guys possibly limping with?

My EP play sticks pretty close to SSH. Limp AJo, fold A10o.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: What hands do you guys limp with?

AJs
Old 08-12-2005, 11:33 PM

Is checking, hoping a LP player bets, then checkraise, that bad? If you bet out, doesn't protect your hand against ANYTHING. Well, I guess you know what I did, here's the rest of it. Is this worth trying the CR or is betting out probably just the best way to play it:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, BB folds.

River: (9.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jc As (one pair, jacks).
MP2 has Kh 9h (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.25 BB. </font>

I guess my thinking was that if I bet out, any gutshot (AK, which is a very likely coldcalling hand for alot of players), pair, etc. is getting the odds to call, whereas if I check and someone in LP bets, I checkraise and cut the odds down.

When it got back to me on the flop, there was only 1 player left in between me and the bettor (was hoping the button would bet), so I figured I'd keep the pot as small as possible and lead out unless some dreadful card comes out (since I took this route, should I have raised anyways, or was just calling here and leading the turn the best course of action?). Of course I didn't like the turn, but I took a shot anyways. Tear this apart, just trying to do more &amp; more thinking while playing instead of just mechanically bet/raising.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: What hands do you guys limp with?

So you're raising AJo because your lack of suitedness makes your hand better with fewer opponents, and limping AJs because you're better off with a multiway pot?

I think I need convincing of this... anyone want to chime in?