Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 06:47 AM

Default who are the consistent partypoker MTT\'ers?

Just curious if anyone here knows any consistent partypoker MTT'ers? Perhaps some post on this site? By consistent I mean making the money roughly 1/5 times and maybe making a final table 1/25 times? These numbers are a bit skewed but you get the picture. I could use some situation specific advice from these players. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: who are the consistent partypoker MTT\'ers?

Just ask your question here.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just ask your question here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really a good idea? Any donk could answer. Shouldn't he ask us to post our win-rate, ITM finishings, FTs, length of poker experience, and the color of shirt we are wearing first? Besides, what if the players are UB players or Poker Stars players, would their responses apply to Party?

Here's what you should do: Check the results for Party Supers for the past two weeks. Then send PMs to the players that have made more than 2 FTs. This should garuntee you some good responses.

CSC
Old 04-24-2005, 12:12 PM

I have a green shirt on and I suck at poker.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:29 PM

Go ahead and ask your questions - you have to read all the responses and choose those that seem reasonable to you. Fortunately you will find that several responses come from players that have answered other posts with solid advice - believe them.

FWIW, your "in the money" 20% and "final table" 4% will fit more players than you might realize, and their advice may be almost worthless (as mine might be). I make the money more than the average player, but I probably make the final table less than the better players (I keep looking, but there are no WSOP bracelets on my arms [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I keep looking, but there are no WSOP bracelets on my arms [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well man they aren't just going to appear on your wrist. Get out there and get one.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:01 PM

I am in the same camp as dogmeat. I can consistently make the money but don't make as many final table as I would like. I recently changed my style to push small edges, go with my reads and instincts and really watch betting patterns. Needless to say, my in the money finishes the last two weeks have fallen off. I think I made the money 2 of 10 tournaments and counting.

If I make one final table in the next 10, I should be even. If I make the final three I am really a head and if I win it all, I am doing a jig.

Stipe