Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Default SIMPLE 100/200 HAND. RIVER DECISION.

party 1/2.
i raise JdJs cold stone UTG. villain coldcalls EMP, everyone else folds.
villain is a regular in the game... he plays a little too loose, but hes ok after the flop... really typical 1/2 internet player, i think.

flop comes down A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
i bet, he calls. hmmmm.
turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i check, he bets (of course), i call.
river Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i check, he bets....
okok. call or fold? what can i put him on here?
i cant put him on 66 bc i assume hed raise the flop hoping to get action from me if i had an A... most of the hand he might play preflop that make a flush arent possible bc i can see the Jd (and the A)...
is he really gonna coldcall EMP with A high? i fell like ppl are going to call an A63 flop with no hand just hoping i will check/fold a PP on the turn, so i feel like my hand is often still good on fourth, but then he bets the riv.
do ppl bluff here in internet games? in live games ppl bluff here all the time, but live players muck JJ w/ the diamond on the end... internet players, not so much.

so... should i be looking him up on the end?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: SIMPLE 100/200 HAND. RIVER DECISION.

I like the turn play because I hate being raised in that spot. The river is complicated b/c of it though...when you check the turn, he will be induced to bet anything hoping you fold a pair. What would he peel with on the flop that doesn't include an ace? That's the question. Some people make a call on the flop with any two (77, 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], garbage) just to see what you do on the turn and if they can take the pot at some point. If this guy is like this, you must check call the river. If he's the kind to only call flop with an ace or diamond draw or strong hand, check fold the river. I don't think you can go that wrong calling though b/c you've shown weakness on two streets. But a read would be helpful with your decision on the end.

Jeff
Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 AM

I mostly put him on AJ/AQ. But I call just in case he has 99 or TT and is pushing your apparent weakness, and to look up his CC hand in this situation.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:28 AM

I gave this some thought before and want to give it some more detail now because i still wasn't sure before. First thoughts were pocket pairs were more likely preflop, but ace pairs more likely on each postflop street. I couldn't work out if they were 6:1 more likely though, given how close these situations are and a little weight either way can change the answer i'd decide by judging if i thought he was sophisticated to try and move me off my pair, most people def. check behind with a pocket pair here and unless i have reason to believe he is different i'd fold. If that was close, i'd go from the timing of his bets, if they are almost auto it means he has no decision and is simply vallue betting his ace pair, if he has 99 on the river he def has more than a quick decision.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I Some people make a call on the flop with any two (77, 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], garbage) just to see what you do on the turn and if they can take the pot at some point. If this guy is like this, you must check call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]this is the point of my post... if i believe he wil peel with aforementioned hands, do i still have to call a bet on the end? looks like im calling, no?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:23 PM

Looking over my hands with this player he will cold call w/ ATo hands and low pairs. He does go to showdown a lot. I'm not sure if he would cold call w/ 88-TT. I'm more inclined to think he would 3 bet these hands. The only hand I see is KQo w/ a diam that you beat and many more you don't. Although this player is a LAG, I think I fold the river.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand I see is KQo w/ a diam that you beat and many more you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, i dont beat that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. maybe i didnt make it clear in the OP, but this guy is def LAG.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:00 PM

having never played that game, but going on your definition of the player and my online experience id say definitely fold .
Old 09-19-2005, 11:00 PM

fold
Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 PM

"maybe i didnt make it clear in the OP, but this guy is def LAG."

no you definitely didnt make that clear. so expect a lot of people to say fold. his pv numbers wouldve helped..