Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2004, 10:38 PM

Default 1/2 No Live Game Aces

First off, I've been reading 2+2 for a while but just now posting - thanks for all the tips everyone!

Playing in a 1/2 NO game last night, fairly shallow stacks (everyone at the table had between 100 and 200). Hadn't played with the players before, but based on early read after a couple dozen hands was that a couple of guys were fairly tricky, especially lots of check raising TPTK or overpairs from early pos when they knew others would bet at the pot. If I had to say anything about these 2 guys, it would be that they tended to play more hands than maybe is appropriate, but then the rest of the table felt pretty loose, and I only saw a couple dozen hands so sample size was tiny.

After an hour or so of play I look down at my hand and find 2 big beautiful red Aces....

Preflop

UTG calls, (one of the aforementioned tricky players), folds around to me on the Button (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). I raise to $8, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls. 4 players.

Flop (8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] $32 in pot)

Checks to me, I bet $15, folds to UTG+2, who then raises to $30. I instantly push (about $150 left, I have him covered by $16).

He thinks and thinks and thinks and thinks, pained expressions on his face. As long as it took him to think, I begin to feel more and more confident about me being ahead.

Results to follow.

What do you think of my play on this hand?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:49 PM

Default Re: 1/2 No Live Game Aces

if you plan on getting all your money in on this board why not smooth call the flop and raise/push the turn?
if your ahead on the flop you get more money and your not going to get a better hand to fold so you might as well make more when your ahead.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Re: 1/2 No Live Game Aces

I dont like the push.... I dont see any hand that calls you which loses.