Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 02:25 PM

Default you see the funniest dang things in the micros

turbo maniac is exactly what he sounds like (85/27/3). the other fellow is a typical opponent.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 :#A500AF(typical party 1/2 player)/ calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button :#A500AF(turbo maniac )/ calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">typical party 1/2 player bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">turbo maniac raises</font>, Hero folds, BB folds, typical party 1/2 player calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">typical party 1/2 player bets</font>, turbo maniac calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">typical party 1/2 player bets</font>, turbo maniac calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
typical party 1/2 player has Ks 6s (flush, king high).
turbo maniac has Js Ts (straight flush, queen high).
Outcome: turbo maniac wins 8.50 BB. </font>
Old 04-09-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: you see the funniest dang things in the micros

Edit: Mixed the two guys up.

If the maniac didn't raise the turn and river then he's not much of a maniac at all.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:30 PM

well unless someone else was playing for him for the last 500 hands or so, he's quite the maniac. the stats speak for themselves. i cant imagine why you wouldnt raise an unbeatable hand though. he had been 3-betting bottom pair on the turn and hands like 56o preflop. wierd guy.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:33 PM

Well, typical player certainly got off easy. If he realized that the other dude he was a maniac then he would have lost a lot more on this hand.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Hahahaha!!! Very funny! This reminds me of the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against a turbo-maniac, who was normally ALWAYS raising. I raised preflop and he only called this time (very suspicious) - all other players folded. Flop was the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet he raised and I reraised. He only called. Turn was the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and he only called. Not so fine to have a set of queens against the raising-mainiac and only get a small pot... So I decided to check-raise the river(8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). But to my anger he also checked. But he won it with the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I would have caped it on every street.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Now imagine this kind of play at Party 15/30. Makes you want to sell your organs for a roll no?
Old 04-09-2005, 03:01 PM

Let's just hope it lasts 2 years until I can get up there.