Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 10:29 PM

Default How to play these aces?

Here's a hand that came up today, and I'm wondering if this is the most profitable way to play this type of hand?
Here's some reads:
UTG is terrible, any suited pf and a calling station,c/r when he has a set or better.
MP1 is standard 2/4 loose passive
Button is more aggressive than the usual player
SB is another loose passive calling station who only comes to life with a big hand (ie. set or better)

The question is, since button is aggressive, should i have gone for a c/r at any point? I thought that if i did c/r i wouldnt lose much of the crowd. On the other hand, i did put at least one these guys on a pocket pair, because hands like aq and ak were less likely because of my holding. i couldn't put anyone on a set, because at least at this table, these guys liked to c/r a crowd on the flop with a set. I didnt want the possibility of it getting checked through and letting someone hit their two outer.
Am I too timid?
Please give advice from the flop and on.
I'll post results later.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (17 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 11-12-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: How to play these aces?

It doesn't look like the button is too agressive, but maybe he just has AK, or he 'knows' that you have AA. Betting the river is the standard play, but with the pot being so big, I am tempted to go for a check/raise in hopes that he is carefully playing something like JJ or that he might fire one off at this big pot. Maybe I'm just crazy though.

The Shill