Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 02:47 AM

Default My SH Challenge (medium length)

So I've come to the conclusion that I suck at 6-max. In the last month I went from my $300 br to $1200, from .5/1 to 2/4. Now I am back sitting at about $400 and feeling rotten. I shouldnt feel as bad as I do because I went through this week with W$SD at like 35% and WSD around 30%. It hurts nonetheless.

I have a friend that I am going to teach how to play SH since he is getting started at poker again because I got him rakeback for Eurobet. I think it will help to finally have someone to talk to again about poker when I have been doing nothing but trying to autopilot the small stakes and getting beat to death with swings and my own bad play.

Losing money is not an issue with me since my BR is 100% profit. I am aiming to get better at poker and move up in stakes STRICTLY to play better players for the challenge. The rakeback will be an added bonus.

So on to the challenge I am going to try.

Starting tomorrow or the next day (I'm super busy with college already) I am going to play .5/1 for 10k hands or until I have 400BB for the next level. This will continue until I deem the challenge over. At no point will I move up until I have reached both of the challenge goals.

I know many of you might think 10k hands at .5/1 is a waste of time, but I am really lacking in confidence ATM from all these [censored] beats and semi-tilting that has been going on. I aim to settle down, make good reads, and play [censored] poker.

When I play there will be no music, no tv, no 2+2. The only distraction will be my friend who I am trying to teach this game. Having him around will help me I think because I will have to have a reason to make a play, and I will have to feel strongly enough about that reason to make my friend understand that I am making the correct play, or a decent play since I suck.

Also there needs to be a hand posting requirement I think. I have never been very active in getting my own play analyzed. I only analyze others, and while thats nice, I think having my own reasoning questioned and corrected can only make me a better player. So I am going to try to post 1 hand from every 100 that I play that I feel at all unsure about, but I will not post a hand unless I have made the effort to get a read on the villain where it is possible to have one.

Sorry for such a long post but I'm sick of what I've been doing for the last 2 weeks and hopefully you guys can help me out.

If you have any suggestions to help my growth, shoot, and thanks.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: My SH Challenge (medium length)

good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]