Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Going for overcalls

I'm not sure about my flop play, but I think it turned out pretty money for the turn and river. Still not sure I played this right, though. Do I want overcalls on this flop? I think going for overcalls on the turn was correct.

FTP .5/1

Reads: Everyone in the hand is loose/passive (over 30-70/0-6 types)

Pre-flop: UTG+1 call, MP1 call, MP2 call, Hero raise in CO w/A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB call, everyone else calls

Flop (10.5sb): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB check, UTG+1 check, MP1 check, MP2 bet, Hero call, BB call, UTG+1 call, MP1 call

Turn (7.75bb): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB check, UTG+1 check, MP1 check, MP2 bet, Hero call, BB call, UTG+1 call, MP1 call

River (12.75bb): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bet, UTG+1 call, MP1 call, MP2 call, Hero raise, BB call, UTG+1 call, MP1 fold, MP2 fold

Final pot: 20.75bb

Anyone do anything different here?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Going for overcalls

Raise the flop. You'll probably get a couple of cold callers anyway and you might clear up some outs and buy a free card. I'd just raise the turn, if you get 1 coldcaller and the bettor calls you get the same amount as if 3 all 3 overcalled, and hopefully someone will go to war with you.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 AM

Raise the flop, raise the turn: your read is that everyone is loose-passive, so just jam with your monster draw. They're going to cold-call your raises anyway. Pray that some idiot with an 8 wants a fight on the turn, and that another idiot wants to rumble with a 9 on the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:21 PM

raise flop?, raise turn, wtf??, raise river??? Overcalls n/a because you are last ot act on this river.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Meh. Raise at every opportunity. On the flop it'll look like you're trying to protect your overpair. On the turn it'll look like you're pumping the same draw everybody else is playing. On the river you might get a 9 to go to war with you.

That is, of course, assuming that anybody is paying attention to what you're doing, which they're probably not.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:34 PM

With loose passives you should be leaning on the raise button. They usually aren't paying attention to what they think you're playing.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:06 PM

*grunch*

If we are assuming that the opponents are not too good, I think I would raise the turn and have the straights pay you off. On the river if you lead I think everyone calls anyway because "hey I have a straight and it's only one bet" and hopefully someone with a nine raises then you get dollaz. nh.

BBB