Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 12:52 AM

Default Party Affiliate Question

So I've read through the documentation a couple of times and I've got one question.

Is it against the rules for me and another player to both create affiliate accounts and then both create player accounts where I sign up through his affiliate account and him through mine?
Old 02-05-2004, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Party Affiliate Question

I can't see anything in the rules prohibiting it. You guys could trade half your rake % back to each other.

One of my great regrets about Party is that I didn't know about the whole affiliate thing to get some of the rake back. Now that I've started using Poker Tracker and looking at the numbers (I play basically full time) I'm really sick about it. I finally wised up enough to sign up as an affiliate, but haven't signed anyone up yet.

Maybe the best thing for me to do is take part of your idea; sign someone up for Party and let them sign me up for Empire. If we both produce about the same revenue, we wouldn't have to trade much cash.

Shauna
Old 02-05-2004, 05:25 AM

yes sir...
Old 02-05-2004, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I've read through the documentation a couple of times and I've got one question.

Is it against the rules for me and another player to both create affiliate accounts and then both create player accounts where I sign up through his affiliate account and him through mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to read this section a couple of times:

[ QUOTE ]
3.6 Commercial Use Only. This Marketing opportunity is for commercial use only, and you may not sign up or make deposits to any account, directly or indirectly, through your Tracker(s) (or any Sub-Affiliate tracker) for your own personal use, to fraudulently increase the Affiliate Fees payable to you or to otherwise defraud us.
In no event are you to receive Affiliate Fees on Gross Revenue generated on your own player account at the Website. Violation of this provision constitutes Fraud Traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-05-2004, 10:56 AM

But that's not what I asked about.

You create an affiliate, I create an afiliate. I sign up a NEW player account through your affiliate. You sign up a NEW player account through my affiliate.

I'm not signing up through my track for my own personal use. I'm signing up through YOUR tracker for my own personal use. You just happen to also be signing up through my tracker.

My lawyer speak isn't very good but I honestly don't think this violates the section you site (which is the one I've read many times in the past). I could be wrong though, if I am please someone explain the nuances of why.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:57 AM

Or create a new account and transfer money over to it and start again signed up under someone's affiliate and get your rake back.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:59 AM

How exactly?

This is definitely not worth breaking the rules and getting banned over. But I don't see how it's breaking any rules. I'm not creating an afiliate and signing myself up.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:35 PM

Default No clear answer?

Does anyone have a clear answer as to whether or not this plan violates Party's affiliate agreement?

Someone must know the answer. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Re: No clear answer?

Why don't you ask party?

Sam
Old 02-05-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: No clear answer?

"This Marketing opportunity is for commercial use only, and you may not sign up or make deposits to any account, directly or indirectly, through your Tracker(s) (or any Sub-Affiliate tracker) for your own personal use"

party would view this as making some sort of outside deal to take advantage of the program in a way that does not help them.
the general idea of the affiliate program is to bring in NEW players from the OUTSIDE.

party can choose whether or not to keep you as an affiliate at their own discretion. if they believe you are trying to defraud the program then they might not want your affiliate business anymore.

basically, it's not a very good idea to give them a reason to not want you representing them anymore.

put it another way....you came to us with this question, not them. the reason you didn't go to them with it is because you probably suspect they would not approve. regardless of whether you can find anything SPECIFIC in the rules about it....it is still not likely a very good idea.