Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Hi-Lo Goober

I'm just trying hilo. What do you guys think of 4th. Is that a fold (ante is small)

Thats me

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (5.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (11.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls

River - (18.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (20.00 BB)
Old 11-27-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Hi-Lo Goober

I think fourth is a good place to fold, this is one of those hands where you win a little or lose a lot
Old 11-27-2005, 10:24 PM

With A2567 to act behind me I fold on 3rd street. I would probably play 4th street the same given the action on 3rd and basically hope for both players to brick on 5th. Since they both bricked on fifth I am made Ks up I would try to put as many bets in as possible. 6th street is really tough because sometimes you will see hidden trips but sometimes you will also see lows with flush draws. I would probably call down, but I suck
Old 11-27-2005, 10:42 PM

You walked right into a tough hand.
3rd:You're hoping to get the A out with your completion.When A calls & 5 raises,you already wish you were somewhere else.
4th:Lay it down right here.A high pair is a weak hand against two strong lows on 4th.Seat 1 could make a straight,& seat 6 could hit anorher A.And it's very likely that you're only competing for 1/2 of the pot.Not worth it.
Good luck. Ben
Old 11-27-2005, 10:54 PM

Yeah, I lay down my kings on 4th when both of my opponents going low catch good. You might be best right now, but there's too much danger you're gonna get whipsawed when you're up against 2 good low draws. Muck them and wait for a better opportunity. If only ONE of them catches good, though, apply the pressure and force the one who caught bad out, and the one who caught good to pay for his low draw.

--Scott
Old 11-28-2005, 03:53 AM

Fold third street.

Not kidding.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold third street.

Not kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way am I folding this on third. I have one of the most profitable hands in the entire game. Concealed high hands can make you a lot of money IMO.

Scags