Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 PM

Default KK OOP vs Donk

Felt a little unsure what to do in this spot. Villan is a true donk and the reason im playing. Hes reraising and calling rereraises preflop with KJ, 3 betting allin with boyyom pair on flop and other donk plays. Hes been running hot and has 850. I have 400.

I get dealt KK in UTG+1. I min raise to interest him. He min raises back. someone calls. Gets back to me, I make it 100 straight. He calls fast. Hand range is any PP, most aces, most suited connectors ( i think) and any two broadway.
I plan on pushing any flop that has no ace. (300 into 215)

Of course, poker gods have the last laugh. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Im oop now, whats the plan?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: KK OOP vs Donk

you can't make a cb w so much in he pot without committing all in so if you're not willing to commit all in you have to check-fold imo. If you are willing to commit all in then you check-raise all in if his bet commits him. If he checks behind... bla bla bla, read dependant... push.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 AM

Is this 2/4 or 3/6? If he really is 3-betting all in with bottom pair I don't see a problem with getting it in here.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:55 AM

This is 400nl. Yeah he really did threebet bottom pair.
Flop was 5 7 Q. He leads, someone raises, he mkaes it 300 to go with 56. Guy called with AQ and of course turn was 5, river 7.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:07 AM

Check, fold to big bet/push by him obviously. If he bets smaller, you have to put read on him. With the awful horrible donks, the A is even worse. While hes getting crazy with broadway, TT etc is he going for 100 PF? if so, probably c/r.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:08 AM

chkraise in
i don't see the point of doing anything else vs this opponent
Old 10-26-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Results

Ya, I didnt think too clearly in the hand. The optimum play seems to be check riase allin since he would bluff with nay holding.

I just open pushed, which might be a mistake since he would fold most broadway cards, but I've seen him make some pretty horrible calls. Anyways he had Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the flush draw and instacalled. T on turn, blank on river, and I take down the pot. Lucky, im curious why you would give up so quickly? Anyone have pokerstove to run the likelyhood that my hand is good against his range given 50% random broadways, 25% pocket pair, 25% any ace? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Ahnuld
Old 10-26-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Results

FWIW, i would never ever fold this hand. no way.
i think pushing is generally a big mistake... what are you doing? you have three streets left... jesus, let the man bluff!