Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Ferguson vs. Prahlad

If a thread has been posted on this before, feel free to delete or ignore (it would probably have been a while ago). Of all of the hands we've seen in this year's WSOP episodes, I have to think that one of the more incredible is the critical hand between Ferguson and Prahlad heads-up near the end of one of the circuit events.

Jesus holds AT, Prahlad KJ, board reads AAJAK.

If you're heads-up and make the second nuts on both the turn and the river, with the only one card in the deck beating you, could you avoid pushing it all in? Especially being as aggressive as he is, I can't believe Prahlad only made a call on the end. Did he just make some amazing read on an earlier street that allowed him to put Jesus on ace? How many here could have only called on the river? And was this a horrible play? Is this better, worse, or equivalent to Forrest's call of AA vs. AQ on an A666x board against Negreanu?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Ferguson vs. Prahlad

What does Ferguson call the all-in with?
Old 08-29-2005, 06:07 PM

Nit point - No 2nd nuts on turn; KK, QQ would beat KJ
Old 08-29-2005, 06:13 PM

Classic scenario where only a better hand is going to play, thus you lose money no matter what. Read TOP.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:17 PM

I think that Ferguson should've pushed as soon as the king hit on the river to try to get Prahlad thinking it was a split pot. By actually waiting and essentially value betting, he made Prahlad really consider that Ferguson had the ace. I think by dropping the intense sense around the hand, Ferguson could've ended it right there.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that Ferguson should've pushed as soon as the king hit on the river to try to get Prahlad thinking it was a split pot. By actually waiting and essentially value betting, he made Prahlad really consider that Ferguson had the ace. I think by dropping the intense sense around the hand, Ferguson could've ended it right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how do you put Prahlad on a kingin that hand
Old 08-29-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Classic scenario where only a better hand is going to play, thus you lose money no matter what. Read TOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

would jesus fold a K here if he didn't have the case A? ie. prahlad could take the whole pot instead of a split pot?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:39 PM

Prahlad is not calling in that spot unless he has a king, a jack, QQ, or the case ace. Obviously he didn't have the ace, and even a jack call on the river is enh to someone who has bet every street. I think pushing on the river can really look like a desperation move.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:17 PM

The reason he didn't move all in is because that's the worst possible thing he could do. I don't know the Ted Forrest hand you're talking about but just judging by the holdings and the board that is not even close to the same thing.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason he didn't move all in is because that's the worst possible thing he could do. I don't know the Ted Forrest hand you're talking about but just judging by the holdings and the board that is not even close to the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]it really wasnt, if he pushes he might get a K to fold and avoid a chop