Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 10:41 PM

Default playing above br on interpoker

periodically, interpoker has offered to prop me ten bucks an hour to help start up a $2/4 or 1/2 pound game. both of these games are just barely outside of my bankroll, but it seems like my risk of ruin would be greatly reduced due to the added hourly wage.

assuming i feel that I can hold my own there, Is $10/hr enough of a buffer against risk of ruin?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: playing above br on interpoker

isnt interpoker a party skin?
they need props?
how does one go about getting this oppurtunity, can you get rakeback too?

i would do it, thats 2.5-5 BB/hr how underrolled are you?
Old 09-11-2005, 11:02 PM

nevermind i was thinking of intertops

i dont know how good the games are there but it sounds like a good deal to me
Old 09-11-2005, 11:05 PM

No.

First, starting a table means you'll have lots of HU games + 3,4 handed before the table really grows. (My understanding of this arrangement is usually once players = x, you aren't paid any more. I don't know what X is though.) Do you have enough shorthanded experience?

If you're OK with shorthanded, I suggest you clear the bonuses on all the cryptoskins playing $1/$2 until your bankroll can handle $2/$4. Last I checked, InterPoker, Carribean, ClassicPoker, LittleWoods, PokerPlex and WilliamHill all offer bonuses of some sort. Have you cleared them all?

Go to bonuswhores.com and figure out what bonuses you're missing out on - I'm pretty sure you can be making between $5-$10 hr on bonuses. Personally, I've made $12.40 an hour in my first 50,000 hands on bonuses and only $5.27 an hour at the game itself, but I suck and that's multitable anyway and not really the question.

Good luck! Remember, it's a lot harder to grow your bankroll when you have to move down in limits than it is to grind it away a bit longer at the current level.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:08 PM

well, i'm clearing the sept 90 right now, but this would just be added butta to that. I'm comfortable with sh play at my level, though I'm not too experienced above that.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:09 AM

Play it if you want to. Just be careful; jumping to another level can be very hard on your bankroll, especially if you're underrolled. I guess your winrate will be helped by adding 2.5 BB/hr to your table. Just hope that's enough.