Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Celeb Poker Showdown tonight... Chris Kattan is hilarious.

I was in tears watching him and Jason Alexander min re-raise eachother like 5 times pre flop... Then, by the time the turn comes the pot is about 5,000... Jason checks... Chris bets $200. LOL!

Then Jason re-raises him 400, and Chris re-raises back to 600!

WTF is going on! hahaha

This is ridiculous.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Celeb Poker Showdown tonight... Chris Kattan is hilarious.

LOL! Chris just called a $1,000 bet with J2 on a Q83 board. How did he even get on the show?
Old 02-01-2005, 11:17 PM

I can't wait to watch it later tonight (don't spoil the ending!). I have to think the celebs just contact the producer and ask to be on the show. There aren't any satellites or anything.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:47 PM

No offense but all of the celeberities with some rare exceptions completely stink at Poker! I would think they would at least pay some attention at the pre-show clinics with Phil Gordon. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
I'm also amazed how Phil Gordon handles himself while he witnesses his favorite game being so degraded!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:10 AM

Guys, seriously. I know most of them "don't have a clue", but I would bet everything I own that Chris Kattan had absolutely noooooooo idea what was going on. He made Dennis Rodman look like Lederer.

It was as if you took a person who's never even seen poker on TV and said "here, come play this game, we aren't going to tell you the rules, just pretend like you already know them."

It was seriously that bad... and he made it extremely funny. It was like watching Doug Butabi or Corky Ramono play.

Believe me or not, but I actually ran over to my sink and threw up at one point I was laughing so hard. You may not find it as funny, but some of those things caught me off guard and I lost it.

Phil Gordon, in a serious tone, "Well, that was quite a cavalier call by Chris" as Chris calls with J2... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's on again at 1am, can't wait.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense but all of the celeberities with some rare exceptions completely stink at Poker! I would think they would at least pay some attention at the pre-show clinics with Phil Gordon. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
I'm also amazed how Phil Gordon handles himself while he witnesses his favorite game being so degraded!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I be offended? These clinics or whatever that Phil does is probably about 30 minutes to an hour and likely they don't pay attention, and really what are they going to learn in that time frame? Phil has indeed lost his cool with some plays before and I'm sure if he had his way he'd have a field day, but I guess he knows its for charity, they aren't poker players, so he can't really bash them too much.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, seriously. I know most of them "don't have a clue", but I would bet everything I own that Chris Kattan had absolutely noooooooo idea what was going on. He made Dennis Rodman look like Lederer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when Rodman was on...at least he was a maniac, which gave him a halfway decent chance because he had folding equity when he would raise 10xBB with bottom pair. Kattan is just a calling station, and a betting station when first to act (I swear he couldn't remember from one hand to the next that he was allowed to check). For a while I thought Jason Alexander was going to slide his chair next to him and look at his cards so he could help him play his hands.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's on again at 1am, can't wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet, thanks! For some reason I have my Tivo set to tape Poker, and it doesn't tape the show .. lol
Old 02-02-2005, 02:57 AM

haha, the absolute proof that Chris had absolutely no ungodly idea what was going on... He wins the pot with pocket queens (the first time he got them), everyone is saying "great chris! good job" etc... he then points to the small stack of chips in front of him and says "yeah, but look, it doesn't even matter now"... he didn't know that when you won the pot, the chips in the middle become your chips. WOW!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:51 AM

You know its bad when celebrity players can put you on crap hands.