Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 07:56 PM

Default O8 sng\'s

Don't play too many sng's any more as I have swithced to 6max but to change things up alittle I have been playing a few 08 sng's. My question is the 50's took a long time to fill, almost 20 minutes. I got into 2 30's in the time I was waiting. Is this common?

Sorry for this one I am sure this has been discussed many times before. It seems like the 50's are a lot harder and filled with less mainacs even more so then I might think. Is this always true or did I just hit a few conservative games?

Okay 1 more while I am at it. Do the O8 sng's have less variance then the NLHE?

Sorry if these questions have been asked 1000 times before.

Joe
Old 07-29-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: O8 sng\'s

The O8 sngs are slow to fill up everywhere and the higher the buyin the slower to fill and I think the better the opponents.

The good news is that most O8 and PLO are not very experienced at sngs and therefore do not understand how the rising blinds, relation of stack size to the blinds and all the other tourney strategies that experienced sng player take for granted impact your playing decisions.

Many times I make it into the money because my opponents are waiting for good cash game types of starting hands and they end up getting blinded out. Many are afraid to push their hands when short stacked and as the sng progresses it gets easier to steal the blinds and push people off of hands.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: O8 sng\'s

[ QUOTE ]
The good news is that most O8 and PLO are not very experienced at sngs

[/ QUOTE ]

or at the game they are playing. i've found that at lower limit plo sng's/mtt's, the players have absolutely no idea how to play the game, much less when the blinds go up.