Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 03:48 PM

Default AK Suited, pre-flop question, 6-player max NL100 on Stars.

6 player max no limit on stars. None of the players are getting too out of line that I've seen. I'm in the small blind and there is a raise to 4 and a re-raise to 18 before me. I have about 140 and cover both opponents, but not by much. The re-raise is almost certainly a pocket pair higher than tens and the raise is probably not complete crap either.

What to do?

Peace

Goodie
Old 08-17-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: AK Suited, pre-flop question, 6-player max NL100 on Stars.

[ QUOTE ]
The re-raise is almost certainly a pocket pair higher than tens

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's true, fold. You're a coinflip at best or completely smoked by AA/KK. If you call and flop top pair, how confident can you be in it? Not very.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:54 PM

I'd fold this from the blind...i'd consider calling on the button, but this would be totally based on opponent reads and i'd fold almost every time. Barring no reads, I give credit for AA or KK to the reraiser, and if he does have JJ or QQ, you are likely sharing outs with the original raiser, and if you do hit are unlikely to win any more money.

I really don't like calling here because you could get trapped in between the original raiser and this guy. Pretty easy fold I'd say, you have 50 cents in the pot.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:58 PM

That's a fold. It seems weak/tight, but it's not. Since none of your opponents are too out of line, best case scenario is that you are going against a hand like QQ with a raise and a reraise. Plus, you are OOP. I fold this easily.

--solids