Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Bad play or bad luck?

I have been playing on line poker about 5 years. I started at $.50-1 and have been making a decent profit at $3-6 for a couple of years playing 4 tables. I made a run at $5-10 last year and again this year. I didn’t feel like I was being outplayed, but after losing $1,000 each time I moved back to $3-6. I felt like I could beat the game but that was all I was willing to risk.

The problem is that right now I am running about even for the year. I did make up the grand I lost at $5-10 but I am still far behind where I was the last two years at this time. I feel like I have just been running bad, but after this much time (25K hands) I am beginning to wonder if I might be fooling myself.

I am looking at PT statistics to try and find holes in my game, and would appreciate any feedback I can get. I have a little over 100K hands on PT at $3-6.

VP$P 15%
PFR 5.3%
Defend bb 40% of the time.
Att. to Steal blind 21%
Won $ WSF 32%
Won $ at SD 58%
Went to SD 30%

Aggression factor:
Pre-Flop .44
Flop 2.1
Turn 2.4
River 1.27

I know I should be seeing a few more flops and raising more pre-flop. Do you think these numbers are off enough to indicate why I am having problems or am I just running bad? Is there anywhere else I can check for problems?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Bad play or bad luck?

Post this in the Small Stakes forum, you'll get more and better analysis.

Play more hands (15 is on the low side of ok), raise more preflop (5 is way too low), call on the river more (winning 58% at showdown is way too high. Most good players are in the low, maybe mid 50's).

Also your attempt to steal blinds is very low (30 or so is good) and your river aggression is a little low too.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:34 AM

Post this over in the Small Stakes forum, they will help you more.

The only thing I see off hand is your PFR is a bit low. BUT this says nothing of your postflop play. Just stats are tough to make an estimation what's wrong with your game.

Review your sessions, see where you're losing $$$. Are you calling down too often?

I have an Agg factor of about 3 myself postflop. And about a 15/8 preflop vpip/pfr. But of course those #'s don't mean much at all by themselves.

JB
Old 08-06-2005, 12:43 AM

I re-posted over in small stakes. I will start calling down more on the river, I may be giving up too much. I also think I am calling down too many check raises, and have been working on that.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:58 AM

I love you avatar JB
Closed Thread