Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Question on Orleans Tournaments

Reading the Vegas Tourney thread, I worked my way onto The Orleans website and deicided that my question should be in a different thread. I read this under their tournament listings:

Players may purchase a dealer's bonus card for $3.00 prior to any tournament.
This money will go directly to the tournament dealers
and players will receive 25% more in starting chips.
All tournaments except Sunday evening are bounty tournaments.

First question is that wouldn't everyone buy one of those bonus card's? I mean for 3 bucks getting 25% more chips, who wouldn't do that?

Second, a bounty tournament, in my experience, is when a player receives a nice bonus when they knock out a selected player. This is online. Does it hold true to these games as well?
Old 01-22-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Question on Orleans Tournaments

My question on this is on the rebuy as well.
You can rebuy when your under the orignial buyin... so if you get the +25% you cannot rebuy?!?!!

-VI
Old 01-22-2005, 07:57 PM

It would be foolish not to take the chips for the $3, and I've never seen anyone not do it.

Rebuys are standard procedure. You can rebuy before the first hand is dealt and anytime after as long as your stack is = or < the starting stack amount.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:56 PM

I have played there several times.
Lately it seems they just collect the $3 without even asking. It's worth it anyways.

The bounty is $5 for every person that you knock out. The first person that knocks someone out will have a double bounty on there head.

My experience is that the Saturday evening tournament is also not a bounty tournament. Perhaps none of the evening tournaments are.

Good luck
Deedbr
Old 01-22-2005, 10:07 PM

How many players do they usually have in the evening tournaments? And are they pretty soft?
Old 01-23-2005, 12:46 AM

None of the Orleans tournaments are "pretty soft". In fact, very few tournaments if any these days are "pretty soft" since half of the world suddenly are playing online tournaments on a regular basis, and you have to be a grown-up to play at the Orleans.

You might find a few very recreational players playing their first tournament, a few young wanna-be pros and a lot of locals moving chips fast and effectively. Depending on your level of skill and luck you might or might not make the money.

Being a pretty mediocre but somewhat succesful player (never underestimate the power of luck) I've played the Orleans tournaments like 8 times and made the money once. Whaddyaknow, you might get lucky as well?

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)