Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Live $1/2 Pot Limit Hand....middle set

it is early morning, and we are down to 6 handed. SB starts hand with ~$900. BB starts hand with ~$350. i start hand with ~$475.

i am UTG w/99, and raise to $7. button calls, as does both blinds.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB leads out for $25, and BB calls. i raise to $100 straight. SB will lead out with a draw, or with TP. BB is all over the place...he's drunk, and is hard to get a read off of. anyway, button folds, and SB folds, but BB calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB pushes all in for ~$230, just smaller than the pot. i fold.

easy fold for everyone? (turns out, villain showed Q 7 offsuit, but that is of course beside the point.)

my thinking was that villain had a made hand on the flop, but not necessarily a straight. maybe JT, and the Q gave him the straight, but why push me out of the pot? 2 pair was a possibility, but why pump the pot like that when i could wake up with JJ? anyway, i could sense the game was going to break soon, and i didn't want to get stuck in a hole i couldn't climb out of without a chance to earn it back. does anyone even take such things into consideration normally?

cheers!