Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 07:23 PM

Default HU match raise/reraising optimal frequencies

I was wondering what some of the answers/reasoning to some of the questions would be for how often one should raise preflop in a HU match, say 1-2 blind structure, with the SB on the button?

SS2 jenny harmon says one should raise roughly 75% of the hands from the SB heads up.

So how much would the BB reraise to counter this super aggresive strategy, or even if the SB was raising 90% or higher of these hands? I'm guessing one would have to reraise quite freqently from the BB to avoid getting run over in this type of HU match. Thoughts?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: HU match raise/reraising optimal frequencies

putting more money in the pot oop isnt neccessarily the best way to avoid getting run over...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how much would the BB reraise to counter this super aggresive strategy, or even if the SB was raising 90% or higher of these hands? I'm guessing one would have to reraise quite freqently from the BB to avoid getting run over in this type of HU match. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ] why would you have to reraise more to avoid getting run over? all you have to do is call. assuming the sb is raising 90% of the time i would probably make it 3 bets roughly 25% of the time (top 25% of starting cards), depending on how he plays on later streets.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what some of the answers/reasoning to some of the questions would be for how often one should raise preflop in a HU match, say 1-2 blind structure, with the SB on the button?

SS2 jenny harmon says one should raise roughly 75% of the hands from the SB heads up.

[/ QUOTE ] it depends on how much your opponent folds, both pre flop, and post flop when he called the pre flop raise. read the short handed section of HPFAP. it teaches the basics of shorthanded/heads up play well.