Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 12:58 PM

Default 3/6 Party Hand

Not at table that long (3 or 4 orbits), big blind has been fairly tight & pretty straight forward - hasn't been out of line.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Comments?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Party Hand

I can't fold this river. I think there's a really good chance you're looking at a better 2 pair here, but I'm not laying this down. I'm not sure I should.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:03 PM

i would raise the flop

-sinful
Old 03-30-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would raise the flop

-sinful

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't, and I don't see what raising gets you.

I like folding the river to the CR. But I'm partial to folding to river CRs.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:08 PM

I think raising utg w/ kqo is a little loose. I would actually fold this hand at most tables, utg+1 I'd probably call w/ it, MP2 I'd probably raise to open.

Have you played a lot of hands at this table, or are you projecting a fairly tight image in 4 orbits? I think it's slightly better to raise this flop, especially if you've been playing a high number of hands. You're probably only beating aqs, aqo, jj, and qq, but sometimes tricky hands like 1010 and ajs are in there too. if you're 3-bet, you know to slow down, as you're probably looking at aa, ak, or kk.

Now, since you called the flop, what hand could you possibly be ahead of after that river? Calling the flop indicates you're scared of aa, ak, and kk, right? Do you imagine he's holding any other hand that beats you on the flop? All those hands beat you by the river. I'd just check and call, hoping that I was wrong about the BB being solid, but if he really is, you're losing this hand (maybe even losing it to a slowplayed set of qs).
Old 03-30-2005, 01:25 PM

Prefop seems fine, a fold/raise situation. Depends a bit on the table read.

The flop is odd. You've made your hand, why be passive? If you really think you're beat, fold. If you think you're odds are 50/50 or better, raise.

Turn, yea, clear raise.

River. Probably hosed, but the SSH "big pot" principle seems to be in play. Call figuring you win more than 1 out of 13 in this situation.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:36 PM

If the player is unknown I will look them up but I won't expect to win. Otherwise, perfect.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:42 PM

Borderline raise preflop. I raise this but I am trying to open my game a little, still don't know if it's + or - EV.

Flop: Raise. No reason to be passive.

turn: good

River: call this. pot is big enough, and you will probably get a very useful note on this player.

I've been trying to get my folded to river bet stat down to see what happens, and I am shocked at the crap people bet on the river.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:44 PM

Preflop isn't borderline, guys, it's fine.

Postflop is good.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:53 PM

what range does a tight BB 3 bet an UTG raiser with (then calls a turn raise) that we have a value bet against on the river?

EDIT: "fairly" tight, and not a rock solid read, but let's just assume average 3/6 non-donk