Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Link chasing - Interesting J9s thread

If you haven't done so, you should spend at least an hour chasing links starting from QTip's To the New, Aspiring Player, which has a link to his post in Small Stakes, which has a link to his carpal tunnel post and his pooh bah post, which have links that you can follow forever.

Anyway, there's an excellent (long) discussion about preflop play that everyone should read. In particular, TStone's post on page 3 is worth thinking through carefully (disucssion of implied odds). Make sure you follow the link on the last post on the page as well.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Link chasing - Interesting J9s thread

im flattered that you mention my post on implied odds because for a long time noone believed or understood what i was talking about. granted, we all look back on things and realize flaws in our thoughts as we progress as players so i am prone to making errors. this is not one of those cases. if my credibility as a poster means anything to you, i stand firm by my original assessment on implied odds and still feel that my reasoning was absolutely correct.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Link chasing - Interesting J9s thread

[ QUOTE ]
if my credibility as a poster means anything to you, i stand firm by my original assessment on implied odds and still feel that my reasoning was absolutely correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no credibility as a poster to me because I don't visit HUSH very often and I never go up to the Mid-High forum. I haven't the slightest idea how you post in general. (Your responding here out of nowhere begs the question... how did you find out your name popped up in the micros?)

Amusingly, I used an analogy similar to yours only a couple weeks before your post (complete with something that looks like ROI). OP was asking about something completely different (leveraging money with strong hands -- win big pots without risking as much money), but he elicited the same "EV is what really matters" response.