Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Donk-bet Trifecta

30/60, PP, 5 handed.

UTG is a weird player, has some high/low/high sort of stats but I have seen him raise UTG with A3o and 96o and not raise with KK or AQ. So much for stats. We had a few memorable hands so far, one in which he flat called a raise and a call preflop with KK, flat called my raise on a baby baby baby flop with KK and proceeded to just call with his KK overpair the whole way. He has also donk-bet me with a flush draw and also top pair. I'm not sure how to describe this opponent. Loose-aggressive and loose-passive do not do it. Loose-uhh.. Loose-random. Loose-chaotic. I was thinking about Brownian motion a bit while I was playing with him, random movements of particles. Loose-Brownian. Loose-Brown. Hmm... Diarrhea.

Anyway.

Diarrhea raises UTG. I am not sure what this means, as his raise button seems to be controlled by whim. I 3-bet with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], he curses me in the chat box while it folds around back to him and I am expecting a cap during the pause but he just calls. 3.5 BB in the pot.

The flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he donk-bets me. I raise because the last time I saw Diarrhea do this on the flop he had a flush draw. He calls. 6 BB in the pot.

Turn is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Diarrhea donk-bets me again. I think my A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] might still be good, plus I just picked up the flush draw, plus I might be able to get a free showdown, plus he might fold a pair, plus I also have a gutshot to the nuts plus I have two overcards, plus I spent yesterday thinking about Ray Zee recommending 3-betting a guys check-raise with middle pair and a flush draw sometimes.. so I raise. Diarrhea calls. 10 BB in the pot.

River is 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Diarrhea donk-bets me again. 11 BB in the pot. My action?