Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Another thought on the moose post

I try not to make stupid/useless posts, but I've had a very long day, 3 hours of sleep and I am very [censored] pissed off. [censored], feel free to delete this post if you think it's necessary.

All of you who think hunting is cool need to have your dicks removed. It's soooo awesome to go destroy and kill to make you feel powerful and more like a man. There was such great beauty even 50 years ago and it makes me so god damn sick that you fuckers think it's ok to destroy it to give yourself hard ons. Wow, I'm a [censored] badass. I can go kill animals that don't have one hundredth of my intelligence with a big gun. Gee, wait, I did it with a BOW THAT MAKES ME EVEN MORE OF A RAW BLOODY EAT MEATING MAN. I would have more respect for someone who killed a mentally retarded human. A 1500lb moose? People are amazed BECAUSE HE KILLED IT AND IT WAS THE BIGGEST MOOSE THEY'VE SEEN? GUESS WHAT? THERE WON'T BE ANYMORE BECAUSE HE [censored] KILLED IT!

I am fed up with this bullshit. It is absolutely reprehensible and disgusting. It makes me physically ill to hear about it.

If you are a hunter, I hope you die an untimely and horrible death.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Another thought on the moose post

what if they eat the meat? come on man, that's what life is all about. death. you have to kill things to live, whether it's vegetables or animals.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:13 PM

Everyday all of us contribute to the deaths and sickness of thousands of animals. Hunting is not a threat, there is much more serious issues to worry about as far as animals and environments are concerned.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate hunting, but if you're getting so worked up over this, you should take a better look at the world around you.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:15 PM

I realize you have to kill things to live. I eat meat. I love eating meat. But when you turn it into a sport and kill things for the pleasure of killing things, then you are a despicable excuse for a human.

There is no *need* to kill the animals to eat their meat because there's plenty of it already around. If you go hunting to eat, then fine. I'd be relatively ok with that. I don't think his intent was to get food though. Even then, leave the [censored] monster one alone.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what if they eat the meat? come on man, that's what life is all about. death. you have to kill things to live, whether it's vegetables or animals.

[/ QUOTE ]

not often i find myself agreeing with Daryn, but he's right.

Hunting IS reprehesible as a sport. Thereis no reason to kill another living creature "for the fun of it."

Hunting for food is different. No, we don't "have" to hunt in order to survive anymore, thanks to the local grocery store.

But we doeat meat, and meat was once a living creature, Sparky. Sorry to be a kill-joy. I think the OPs original post is stupid, but if he's a vegetarian at least, I'd have some respect for his views. If he eats ANY meat whatsoever, he's an ignorant hypocrite.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:18 PM

First of all, hunting is a HUGE threat. Elephants, tigers, fish, several extinct species whose names I don't know off the top of my head and don't have time to research. Any of that ring a bell?

Secondly, even if it wasn't, my point is, killing for your personal pleasure makes me want to kill you.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no *need* to kill the animals to eat their meat because there's plenty of it already around. If you go hunting to eat, then fine. I'd be relatively ok with that. I don't think his intent was to get food though. Even then, leave the [censored] monster one alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I am not a proponent of hunting (in fact even though I grew up surrounded by the culture of it in Alaska, I'm strongly against it) I think your argument here is poor.

Analogously, perhaps, there are other ways to obtain extensive amounts of income than playing a game which gives you the opportunity to take it from those dumber than you and a decent majority of which likely can't afford the losses, etc.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, hunting is a HUGE threat. Elephants, tigers, fish, several extinct species whose names I don't know off the top of my head and don't have time to research. Any of that ring a bell?

Secondly, even if it wasn't, my point is, killing for your personal pleasure makes me want to kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hunting illegally and hunting legally are ENTIRELY different things. Hunting LEGALLY poses no threat, because it is done in a manner which will allow the species population to remain sustainable.
Hunting is just a direct way of killing animals. You probably get pleasure out of many various things that contribute to the deaths of animals. So what makes you better than these hunters? That you do it non-chalantly?
They're proud of their kills because of the sport involved, not at the notion of taking an innocent life.

I want to make it really clear though that I am absolutely against hunting and think it's disgusting. I'm just trying to play the devils advocate of your completely unsound argument.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:26 PM

Not analogous. Money is not plentiful. You can always use more money. Not so with food.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:29 PM

You ever seen a bird dog in action dude? I knew some guys who went bird hunting just to let the dogs work. They have killed many birds so killing the birds had long ago lost it's allure, but they loved to work the dogs and the dogs lived for the hunt, whether a bird was killed or not. Ego had nothing to do with it. They grew up with it thats all.

polltard