Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Live poker - An observation (LC, but funny, I hope)

To the people I played with last night, 2/4 limit, in no particular order.

To the stunning brunette in the black leather jacket. I would have dumped my roll to you last night because every time you bet or called you smiled, and it was worth calling you to get you to smile again. I'm sorry, however, that I sucked out a 9 on the river to make my straight.

To the two older women. Yes, online poker is rigged. Thats why we all play it. No, you could not "Clean up" on line. You lack both skill and disposition. Saying to me "If there is a single out, I will chase it" only made me want to stay all night.

To the dealer who Twice dealt me a card face up, it happens. Normally not twice in the same hand. I tipped you after I lost the hand because you handled it with aplomb and you put up with me kicking you in the thigh when I sat back down. It really was an accident.

To the rest of the 60+ VPIP players: Yes, this game is for money. Really. I don't give a good god damn wether it offends you or not that I raise and checkraised you. Its not bad manners, and I am not deaf, so complaining that I was raising A/Q suited from LP and ruining the fun of the game was only making it funnier when you called down with a pair of 6's on a board with 4 to broadway straight.

To the floor: Yes, the woman was drunk. Yes she threw her cards in the muck, then realized she would have won with two pair. Yes, she made a mistake. That was no reason to make her feel worse by yelling at her. Be nice to her the next time: people who play over half their hands contribute heavily to the rake.

And last but not least. I tip heavily to good dealers. When I win a $75.00 pot with top set against your middle pairs and rake the pot, and toke the dealer appropriately ($5.00), please don't tell me that I shouldnt tip that much. Its my money, I was up a ginormous amount, and I really don't care what *you* tip.

And last but not least, Miss Brunette-in-the-leather-jacket: Next time I am gonna fold the nuts just so you will stay.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Live poker - An observation (LC, but funny, I hope)

man, u must really enjoy live poker... i've just called w/ the nuts against someone really hot before too... i felt bad raising
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM

I play live and I just love this post!

ty

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 11:25 PM

nh
Old 11-07-2005, 03:04 AM

Awesome.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:36 PM

still waiting for the observation
Old 11-07-2005, 09:42 PM

I observed that I forgot it.

I also observed the hottie brunette. A lot.