Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Is this All-In abuse?

I think this is a clear case of All-In abuse, but I thought I'd check with the masses before I went accusing. $30 SNG at Party:

Hand 1:

10/15 level, all near beginning stacks of 800. Our suspect raises to T200 preflop and gets one EP caller. Pot is now T455.

EP bets all-in on the flop of K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]for T470. Our suspect has 22 and at this point disconnects and is all-in. EP bet with A7o and did catch an A to win. At this point, everyone at the table started giving the guy some grief. He seemed to autofold a few hands before being back in business.

Hand 2:

15/30 Level, 9 left. Our suspect is now on the button and has about T650. A few limpers, a miniraise and BB raises to T200. MP calls, suspect calls. Pot at T675

Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB goes all-in for $440, MP calls and suspect disconnects with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He misses the straight and goes on to finish out of the money. Also, he never seemed to be slow at acting other than the 2 disconnects. Both times, he seemed to autofold for a few hands and then return with no problems.

And both of the all-in hands were draw hands.

So is this guy abusing the system or is timing just impeccable?
Old 08-25-2003, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Is this All-In abuse?

Yes that is might suspicious, report him....

Two hands that are just too obvious to try to pull this on...

Support can watch for a pattern and then throttle his butt.

They should fold his hand and not allow ALL-IN protection and perhaps they can enforce that on individuals. 8)

-t

Old 08-25-2003, 04:50 PM

Ive been playing so much at Stars lately I forgot Party allows "all-ins" in tourneys, since stars doesnt. They give some extra reconnect time, but dont make it back and you are folded. IMO (and Ive suffered my share of disconnects) Stars system is much better. When it gets late in a tourney the benefits of "all-ins" are tremendous vs a limit game, and it is too subject to abuse, even if it isnt habitual by any one person.

This one definitely is fishy enough to report. If you're wrong, no big deal. Not every one arrested is guilty either.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:03 PM

Anytime anybody disconnects at an opportune moment, I email support and ask them to look into it. If it's a pattern, they'll catch the crook sooner. If it's not a pattern, no harm done.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 08-26-2003, 10:15 AM

Default Re: The flip side

This weekend was horrible for internet connectivity with SoBig.f going around, my normally reliable adephia cable connection became an intermittant nightmare. I finished in the money in one SNG before giving up for the night and used all of my All-in protections, don't remember if they helped me or not though.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:27 AM

Default Re: The flip side

I also had multiple connection problems this weekend and wouldn't be suprised if someone reported me. I have recently moved up to the $50 SnG's at Party and had the early chip lead on Friday night with T1200 or so after 1 orbit. I get QQ in LP in the 2nd orbit and I lost my connection.....for the rest of the night! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Turns out my local cable company had server problems that they didn't get repaired until the following morning. I checked the tournament history and ended up 5th. Think my cable provider will give me a refund??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]