Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Bill Clinton on FEMA

From his book "My Life":

[ QUOTE ]
"... I went to Florida a few days after President Bush did to observe the damage from Hurricane Andrew. I had dealt with a lot of natural disasters as governor, including floods, droughts, and tornadoes, but I had never seen anything like this. I was surprised to hear complaints from both local officials and residents about how the Federal Emergency Management Agency was handling the aftermath of the hurricane. Traditionally, the job of FEMA director was given to a political supporter of the President who wanted some plum position but who had no experience with emergencies. I made a mental note to avoid that mistake if I won. Voters don't choose a President based on how he'll handle disasters, but if they're faced with one themselves, it quickly becomes the most important issue in their lives."

[/ QUOTE ]
(recently posted on atrios)

Dubya:

[ QUOTE ]
"Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Bill Clinton on FEMA

Taking a quote out of "My Life" heh funny stuff. You should read "Because He Could" by Dick Morris after reading that book if you want both sides of the argument.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Taking a quote out of "My Life" heh funny stuff. You should read "Because He Could" by Dick Morris after reading that book if you want both sides of the argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

The old Fishhooks defense: If you disagree with the source, the content of the post is inconsequential.

What does Morris' book say about FEMA and how Clinton avoided appointing some political supporter to the head position? I'd like to hear both sides of the contention Grey posted.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Don't worry, BGC'll be here any minute with the picture of the buses and maybe a perjury quip, and we can all avoid the issue.

I have to applaud the White House for cutting this guy - it probably should've happened a few days earlier, but it's a shocking admission of a mistake by an administration convinced it can't make them.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:51 PM

"My Life" is a autobiography, it's just one big self promotion to try and save his "legacy" as president. I didn't even mention weather or not Clinton's claim on FEMA was right or wrong, just saying if he read "My Life" he sould read "Because He Could".

You proboly haven't even read "My Life" so dont be so quick to jump down someone's throat.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:29 PM

That had absolutely nothing to do with the thread - the quote was relevant and was not hindsight or particularly self-congratulatory, and stands on its own without context.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that noise you just heard was the point, and you sir, really did miss it.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:12 PM

It had a lot more to do with the thread than that post. If you have ever read anything on this forum you would known many sub threads start from one particular post.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:14 PM

Ok, fine, it seems everyone wants a post about FEMA from me so here it is. I'm a republican and I dont particular care for FEMA, its just another example of democrats bad mouthing a big burocraxy which they themselves have created and wanted.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:24 PM

Burocraxy? No way you read a book. Was it on tape?